Registry and Gift Forum
Options

Will you and your fiancé(e) exchange wedding gifts?

My fiancé and I agreed not to exchange these optional gifts.

Re: Will you and your fiancé(e) exchange wedding gifts?

• Options
    im taking some photos for him but i dont htink he'll do something for me
    Anniversary
  • Options
    We gave each other wedding rings and the rest of our lives...
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Nope.  We paid for our own wedding and bought wedding rings, so that was enough.  I think it is an unnecessary tradition.  Nice if you have the money for it, but if not, you can totally forego it.  It is such a crazy time already, finding the "perfect" wedding present (and the money for it) was just another stress we did not need.

We'll probably exchange presents on our anniversary.  Or maybe just do a really nice vacation together.  After a while, it gets hard to shop for each other!
  • Options
    I want to get my fiance a nice watch to wear on the day of our wedding and I'm thinking about having my MOH deliver it to him on the morning of the wedding. I'm sure he will also be sending a gift to me on the day of our wedding too.

I think that its a nice idea and it will give me another thing to smile about that day. I also love givng gifts so I want to get my fiance something really nice for  our big day!
    imageimage
    Missing Our July Sparkler
    BFP-11/12/12, MMC 1/16/13-baby stopped growing @ 9wks, found out at 13wks, D&E 1/25/13 Anniversary]
  • Options
    We exchanged gifts the morning of the wedding before the craziness of the day began. It was a nice moment for just the two of us.
    **i'm a little drunk on you and high on summertime** Photobucket
  • Options
    We're writing each other letters to read on the morning of the wedding.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    We got a new bed!
  • Options

I don't know.  I would prefer not to, but I'm not a huge gift-giver anyway.  FI is on the other-hand, so we'll see.  I think our wedding rings, the videographer that we splurged on and are paying for, and the honeymoon should suffice as gifts, but that's just what I'm thinking...

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    No.  We've booked a great HM that we're both paying for.  I consider that our gift to each other.

Planning Bio ~ Updated 9/23/11

Wedding Countdown Ticker

D-Day is 11.5.11

128 invited 102 Party People 23 Party Poopers 3 Wishy Washies
    The harassment begins on 10.15.11!

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    no.  we're paying for our wedding, he got me an engagement ring, we're buying wedding bands, we're paying for a honeymoon... i really think that's enough lol
  • Options
    No, we're writing each other letters to open the morning of the wedding but we're paying for the honeymoon so that's our gift to each other.
  • Options
    *shrug* my Future Husband and I are exchanging gifts even though we're helping our parents pay for the wedding and honeymoon. We love to give gifts so this was another chance before we're actually husband and wife to share some special with eachother. I did put a $ limit on them though and reminded him that we do have other things to pay for, but we wanted to be able to have that memory to add to the list.
  • Options
    We exchenged gifts the night before the wedding.  It gave us a few minutes before we seperated to just be together and only focus on each other.  He gave me a beautiful necklace that I wear every day and I gave him custom made cufflinks that he wore for the wedding.  Small, inexpensive, but lots of meaning kind of gifts. 
    The best part of this tradition is that it is optional and you don't have to do anything if you don't want to.  I definately think that in leiu of gifts - cards with special notes can do more than a gift ever could. 

Best Wishes!
    IAmPregnant Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    I'm giving FI a Kindle — I want him to be able to use it on our honeymoon, so I'm giving it to him 50 days before our wedding (we've been marking each 50 day milestone to the wedding since 200 days). Also, for the past couple of weeks I've been writing things I love/appreciate about him in a journal each night, and I'm going to give it to him the day of the wedding, possibly the day before.

He's not a fan of the wedding gifts tradition... he had never heard of it... but he'll probably give me something.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    158 image 125 image 33 image 0image RSVP Date: May 27
  • Options
    If I can find something that means something special to me, I'll plan on giving him a wedding present. If I can't find anything, I'm not too worried about it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Bio!
    Blog
    my to-read shelf:
    Audrey's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • Options
    I just love giving gifts [: 
  • Options
    He said that if I buy him a new gun then he will buy me another wedding band.  I love my engagment ring and matching wedding band, and I have been bugging the mess out of him to buy me another band to make it look like a wrap or whatever that would be called.  I think he is getting a new gun!
  • Options
    My FI's birthday is a month before the wedding and my birthday is a few days before our wedding.  So we are getting each other birthday gifts and a little something for the wedding.  I got him cufflinks for his birthday and for the wedding I am giving him a special fireman's helmet grooms cake.
  • Options
    Nope. We're paying for everything ourselves. There is a slight  chance I may write him a letter or something to read that morning, but no money will be spent.
  • Options
    I bought my FI a new camera that doubles as a birthday gift and a wedding gift thanks to the hefty price tag.  It's something he dreams of having, but never would buy for himself.   My gift was the Engagement Ring I wanted.  I had no idea he was buying it and always told me he disliked the ones I had liked.  It was the best thing he could have done. 
  • Options
    we are but our birthdays are on either side of our wedding day so its kind of a combo gift and they are related to our honeymoon
  • Options
    It's romantic.  Yes, we're exchanging gifts. 
  • Options
    We decided to not exchange gifts since we are paying for the wedding and honeymoon. But I do like the idea of giving him a card for the day off. I might give it to his bestman ahead of time...or something.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards