Registry and Gift Forum

wine and cheese shower-- time of day?

I'm MOH and planning a wine and cheese shower for the bride.  I was thinking of having it at 3:30?  WDYT?

Re: wine and cheese shower-- time of day?

• Is there going to be a meal served besides the wine and cheese?

Keep in mind that showers can get pretty long what with all the gift-opening.  It might be a little disastrous if you end up running into the dinner hour and all you have is wine and cheese--I'd think people would be getting fairly drunk and hungry, which is a bad combo.  Make sure you have enough food to soak up the booze!
    two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
  • Ditto PP.  I'd almost want a shower later in the day if you're going that route but also with plenty of other options for those who don't do wine and cheese and also who want a bit of a better diet.

OR, just make sure that you keep the list very intimate.
  • Wine and cheese would be more like an evening thing in my mind, like 7 or 8 pm. Perhaps have some meats and breads out as well.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I don't know how much wine i'd be up to drinking in the middle of the afternoon. 

I may be strange, my wine is my dinner drink.  If I'm drinking before dinner, I'm having a beer with a football game.
  • I would do it after dinnertime.  If your shower is over an hour long you are moving into a mealtime, in which case I would expect a meal or probably leave to get one.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_wine-cheese-shower-time-of-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:e7e9807e-1c45-442e-996c-8663467e3facPost:3a0d6c56-adac-42c0-b58d-ed77ceae8187">Re: wine and cheese shower-- time of day?</a>:
    [QUOTE]My FL shower was wine themed - You can see pics in my Planning bio under Bridal Shower. It started at 2pm and was a blast - Everyone loved it!!
    Posted by BostonBride919[/QUOTE]
    Thanks!  Great ideas for us...!
    Yeah, I think we're going to make it a little earlier since we don't want to run into dinner.  The bride really wants it mid-day, since there is a basketball game she wants to see that night (LOL).  We're all over 30, so I don't think anyone will be getting too smashed. 
  • I am a bride and a chef by profession. I am thinking wine and cheese is a great idea for about 2:30/3:00 pm. My only suggestion is that I would add some crackers, even if they are gourmet crackers. I attended a funtion like this before and the guests served wine and cheese also but she also served some really good bruschetta (bread, motzerella, tomato slices and basil) or you could serve some pesto sauce, buy a couple loaves of french bread, cut them into peices and put in a oven until they are a little toasted. Wine and cheese is a nice idea for mid afternoon. I say go for it.

P.S. Someone suggested something about providing something else for those who are on a diet or something.. I don't know if I'd be trying to do all that. They could either just not eat or if they are on a diet they probably aren't expecting you to know that anyways.
  • Bostonbride - Great planning bio! I am wanting a wine tasting for my shower and I have been wondering what to do for my friend's Bachelorette party in Vegas. Your shower and bachelorette parties both look like they were a blast!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards