Registry and Gift Forum
Options

When Do You Cash the Checks?

I received a couple of checks in the mail from invitees who could not attend the wedding.  It is still a month until the wedding.    Do I cash the checks now, so their checkbooks will balance or wait until after the wedding since they are a wedding gift?

Aren't you supposed to technically wait until after the wedding to use everything?  I am feeling guilty to use gifts, or cash checks beforehand.  

Whattya think? 

:) thanks!

Re: When Do You Cash the Checks?

• Options
    Cash the checks, but don't use the money yet.

You don't want to screw up the person's balance for a month while you wait, but you also don't want to use the money until after the wedding just in case you have to give gifts back if the wedding doesn't materialize after all. 

We've gotten a few and are just putting the money in a savings account we already have until after the wedding.
    two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
  • Options
    Cash the checks right away.  I hate it when I send a check and it isn't cashed in a timely manner.  It effs up my checkbook.

Just cash now and don't use the money until after the wedding.
  • Options
    thanks ladies!  will do.  
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_cash-checks-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:34Discussion:eab9960f-2887-4823-80fb-385c9c3dcadcPost:a4350592-cc9a-4a48-9648-dc0459e418c1">Re: When Do You Cash the Checks?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Cash the checks, but don't use the money yet. You don't want to screw up the person's balance for a month while you wait, but you also don't want to use the money until after the wedding just in case you have to give gifts back if the wedding doesn't materialize after all. 
    Posted by Brie2010[/QUOTE]

This
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Definitely go ahead and cash them so they don't get their account all messed up. I think it's fine to even go ahead and write a thank you note saying what  you plan on using it for (or what you did use it for if you don't want to wait). This will make it much easier on you after the wedding and I don't think the person who gave it to you would think that is rude at all.
  • Options
    I agree with all PPs
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards