Registry and Gift Forum
Options

Invites/RSVP/Registry

I'm sending out my invitations here in a week or so and I was wondering, do you include where we are registered in the envelope or do we leave it out?  Also, how far in advance of the wedding do I tell everyone to RSVP by?  Our wedding is on Oct. 16.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Invites/RSVP/Registry

• Options
    Leave out the registry cards, it's tacky.  Dissementate that information through your website or through word-of-mouth.

As for when to set your RSVP date, when does your venue need the numbers?  I would set the RSVP date at least a week prior to that (or more) as this will leave you time to track down those who don't get their response back in time.
  • Options
    Ok, thanks.  I didn't know how that worked.

Our venue doesn't require numbers by any date.  We are arranging everything ourselves.  So, would rsvping by September 24 be too early?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Ya, no registry cards in invites. Those are really meant for the shower. You can, however, include your wedding website with your invites (if you have one) and have your registry on there.

We put an RSVP date of a month before our wedding.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_invitesrsvpregistry?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:f8ceb8d0-5575-4030-a073-5ddc64b61e2ePost:fd36ca41-57d0-4f50-8e17-293636936873">Re: Invites/RSVP/Registry</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ok, thanks.  I didn't know how that worked. Our venue doesn't require numbers by any date.  We are arranging everything ourselves.  So, would rsvping by September 24 be too early?
    Posted by beebs007[/QUOTE]

I would allow as much time as possible for people to reply and still give yourself time to make arrangements. I think Oct 1st might be better, because then you give people ample time, but you still have 2 weeks to track people down who don't RSVP or if it gets lost in the mail.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Ok.  Thanks for the advice!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Personally in my circle, no one will buy or even know about your registry if it isn't listed on or in the invite.

I would never take the time to search OR call some busy bride and ask. I would give cash. (which hey is fine too :)

• Options
    I would never take the time to search

That's fine if it's your choice, but it honestly takes about 10 seconds if the registry is listed by weddingchannel.  And since there's a direct link, it's about the same amount of time as it would take you to type in their names on the store's registry thing.
    Married 10/2/10
  • Options
    We have the same date. My RSVP is on Oct 2nd.

Don't include your registry info on the invitation, it just tooks gift grabby.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    I'm putting a business sized card with our website on it for guest info such as directions and registry.  You shouldn't put the registry info directly on the invite, but in the envelope on a seperate card is fine.  I think you should give yourself about three weeks (so sept 24th would work) before the date as your RSVP deadline.  If you are sending them now that gives people plenty time to send them back and gives you time if you need to make phone calls to those that don't reply.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_invitesrsvpregistry?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:f8ceb8d0-5575-4030-a073-5ddc64b61e2ePost:28a4e077-3d2b-46a1-8df7-50da1c8577d4">Re: Invites/RSVP/Registry</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm putting a business sized card with our website on it for guest info such as directions and registry.  You shouldn't put the registry info directly on the invite, <strong>but in the envelope on a seperate card is fine. </strong> I think you should give yourself about three weeks (so sept 24th would work) before the date as your RSVP deadline.  If you are sending them now that gives people plenty time to send them back and gives you time if you need to make phone calls to those that don't reply.
    Posted by lilianne22[/QUOTE]

No, it really isn't.  I don't understand why people give advice like this that is so clearly against what every etiquette authority has to say on the matter.
    Married 10/2/10
  • Options
    Let me clarify since I don't think my point was clear, it is not good ettiquette to include a card that says "we are registered at such and such".  I am including a small card that says "For guest information please visit our website"  and including the website link.  At the website there will be directions to the ceremony/reception site and a link to the registry.  On the card itself nothing will be said about the registry.  Since we did not do save the dates and are not doing shower invitations, this is the only time we can get our website information to our guests.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_invitesrsvpregistry?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:f8ceb8d0-5575-4030-a073-5ddc64b61e2ePost:0b4d0e8e-5b16-4865-803d-6a1f5423275b">Re: Invites/RSVP/Registry</a>:
    [QUOTE]Let me clarify since I don't think my point was clear, it is not good ettiquette to include a card that says "we are registered at such and such".  I am including a small card that says "For guest information please visit our website"  and including the website link.  At the website there will be directions to the ceremony/reception site and a link to the registry.  On the card itself nothing will be said about the registry.  Since we did not do save the dates and are not doing shower invitations, this is the only time we can get our website information to our guests.
    Posted by lilianne22[/QUOTE]

Ok, sorry I misunderstood.  I think there is still <em>some </em>debate about whether this is ok, but most people think it's fine so long as the registry information is not on the first page of the website.
    Married 10/2/10
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards