Registry and Gift Forum
Options

registration day!

So since we're still on the DL about everything (because he has not "officially" asked me (aka on one knee, etc)) we thought today would be fit to register for gifts since it's school registration day and if anyone asked us what we're doing we would not be lying! HAHA Anyway, we had a blast We registered at Target and Wal-Mart (upscale and more "down to earth"). I think we registered over $1000 dollars!!! Honestly though, the most expensive thing we put on there was a TV, because I don't have one and his is going to die at any given thought. Otherwise, we did things like energy-saver light bulbs, kitchen gadgets, bathroom accesories, etc. The basics and stuff. It went really well!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: registration day!

• Options
    So.... You are or aren't engaged?  And why are you not telling your family and friends?   I'm confoozled.

• Options
    Ditto Joy....confusion abounds.
    **i'm a little drunk on you and high on summertime** Photobucket
  • Options
    It seems very odd that you would register before you are engaged... and that you have a count-down ticker in your signature... and that you don't want to tell people. 

Explain please.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    So are you engaged or aren't you?  You seem to be in some limbo state, where you're enjoying the perks of both. 

In my personal opinion, registering for presents before you even become "officially" engaged or let any of your future guests know about your impending nuptials shows where your focus lies - on getting presents, not on sharing your happiness with your friends and family.

• Options
    I'm sorry, if you have a wedding date and you're registering for gifts, you're engaged, ring or not.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_registration-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:f92ad035-a2ea-4943-9c71-eebf9cc419a7Post:d91ad874-a684-40ee-9107-372d2badf1de">registration day!</a>:
    [QUOTE]So since we're still on the DL about everything (because he has not "officially" asked me (aka on one knee, etc)) we thought today would be fit to register for gifts since it's school registration day and if anyone asked us what we're doing we would not be lying! HAHA Anyway, we had a blast We registered at Target and Wal-Mart (upscale and more "down to earth"). I think we registered over $1000 dollars!!! Honestly though, the most expensive thing we put on there was a TV, because I don't have one and his is going to die at any given thought. Otherwise, we did things like energy-saver light bulbs, kitchen gadgets, bathroom accesories, etc. The basics and stuff. It went really well!
    Posted by samanthalinger[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I'm confused too, and agree with PP that your priorities might be messed up if you felt the need to register for gifts before you even announce your engagement.</div><div>
    </div><div>Also, since when is Target considered "upscale" and Walmart "down to earth"?  Oh well karma will get her for registering so early at Target and Walmart... bring on the discontinued items.

</div>
    October 2010 September SC - 1st Anniversary Plans:
    Trip to Prague & bring home furbaby when we get back
    imageimage
    ~ Karen ~
    **Wedding/House/Travel Bio **
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_registration-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:f92ad035-a2ea-4943-9c71-eebf9cc419a7Post:bb007fd4-40bf-4ae8-a3ec-0f73cbdac125">Re: registration day!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to registration day! : I'm confused too, and agree with PP that your priorities might be messed up if you felt the need to register for gifts before you even announce your engagement. Also, <strong>since when is Target considered "upscale"</strong> and Walmart "down to earth"?  Oh well karma will get her for registering so early at Target and Walmart... bring on the discontinued items.
    Posted by Patineuse1124[/QUOTE]

Maybe this is where calling it TAR-JAY comes in handy? Sounds classy that way.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    you girls really hurty my feelings...i was excited and was hoping someone would be excited with me too....i'm outta here i guess. so much for friends here.....
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards