Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

New Year's Eve

I know this seems a little early asking this question. But, my DH and I always wait till the last moment planning something and end up doing nothing. Does anyone know of any even or anything you usually do. We usually just drink a bottle of champagne and watch the ball drop. I am looking for something a little more fun.

Re: New Year's Eve

• Options
    juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We have gone to a black and white play at the Eisseman Center in Richardson.  They are doing another one this year.  Their pretty funny and it's really cool to see them do a whole play in black and white.

http://www.pegasustheatre.org/
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Like Julie said there are quite a few events you can go to. Once it gets closer people start sending emails out on them. I heard to get in early. The parties get very expensive. Do you know what kind of party you want to go to or how much you want to spend?

I'll be in India this year.. sorry bragging! I'm just super excited for my trip

• Options
    bsn1752bsn1752 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My FI normally works on NYE... traditionally, we don't do anything. 

1.  Way too many drunk people out there.
    2.  Things are WAY more expensive than normal - and more packed.
    3.  Babysitting = non-existant on NYE
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Guidelive.com usually has a listing of things but as PP mentioned, they can get costly.
  • Options
    sarathirzasarathirza member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

you might check out big d nye (http://www.bigdnye.com/) - its a big party held in victory plaza, free and open to the public with bands, fireworks, etc - they required wrist bands last year, but aren't this year so it should be relatively easy to get into

• Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    *sigh* same here.  We usually end up doing nothing or something very lame.  I wanted to go to the Library bar and spend the night at the Melrose this year, but we're doing that next weekend for Ben's birthday instead.  So we'll probably end up doing our usual nothing.

I've also always wanted to go to The Grapevine--which is the bar where Ben and I met.  I've heard it's really fun.
  • Options
    msealemseale member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    We have gone to the Stars game the past two years, and then attend the Big D NYE part on the plaza.  It is lots of fun!
    Our last sunset in Hawaii...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Michelle & Michael
    Married - August '10
    TTC - Since September 2011
  • Options
    bellagracebellagrace member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just want to do something fun and maybe not a little to crazy. I forgot about the big D and stars game. DH plays and loves hockey, so he will probably will be down for that.
  • Options
    msealemseale member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_new-years-eve?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:d46fecc4-8886-4bc4-9785-243d565865ccPost:4fbfd201-f8f9-4305-904e-af3b36fbc5e6">Re: New Year's Eve</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just want to do something fun and maybe not a little to crazy. I forgot about the big D and stars game. DH plays and loves hockey, so he will probably will be down for that.
    Posted by bellagrace[/QUOTE]

Where does he play?  My DH used to play in Euless, but now is on a D leage team on Friday's in Farmers Branch.

I had no idea people played hockey in Dallas until I met him. 
    Our last sunset in Hawaii...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Michelle & Michael
    Married - August '10
    TTC - Since September 2011
  • Options
    bellagracebellagrace member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    He use to play in a B league in Richardson and Farmers Branch. Right now he is subing on a C league in Frisco because he had crazy work hours. I didn't know it was such a big deal until I meant him. He played for UNT, so a lot of his friends are in hockey as well. I have come to appreciate the game and actually learn the rules. He is originally from Wisconsin, so that is where he started. But, Dallas is a big hockey area, no figure.
  • Options
    courtski2004courtski2004 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    The only place I've gone 'out' to on NYE in Dallas was Zen Bar in Addison. It was a $50 cover, but you got unlimited drinks all night, including top shelf liquors. If your intention is to get trashed, that would be the way to go. In my lame older years, we just stay at home, invite friends over and play card/trivia games with lots-o-wine and have a cooking party.
    I've heard of hotels selling room packages that include admission to a big party in their ballroom with live bands, but I'm not sure who does it around here.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Check out www.visitdallas.com after the 10th. I got an email from them today asking for any NYE specials from venues that they'll be posting next weekend.
    ~DFWs Resident Snark~
    I'm not so good with the advice... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?
  • Options
    MLandCJMLandCJ member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've always wanted to do something special and have a BIG NYE. Sadly, we never do anything. Everything is so expensive. We normally good snacky stuff and play games or SNES! Yes, I went there :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    FI works NYE too being a restraunt manager. I usually end up doing nothing really.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards