July 2012 Weddings
Options

Thank you turn around time

How quickly should you turn around your thank you cards after your shower?

Re: Thank you turn around time

• Options
    2 weeks to 1 month
    Visit The Nest! BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I would just do them as quickly as you can. I wrote mine the next day just so I could have everything fresh in my mind, and mailed them the day after. Everyone kept complimenting me on how nice it was to get them so quickly.  I was a little obsessive about doing them super fast and that absolutely isn't necessary - but people do notice how long it takes, and the faster the better.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_thank-you-turn-around-time?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:32a0d2fa-0108-4bf8-95de-67872978755aPost:2a93f2ca-fbb7-442c-899f-23f51b62d5ba">Re: Thank you turn around time</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>I would just do them as quickly as you can. I wrote mine the next day just so I could have everything fresh in my mind, and mailed them the day after.</strong> Everyone kept complimenting me on how nice it was to get them so quickly.  I was a little obsessive about doing them super fast and that absolutely isn't necessary - but people do notice how long it takes, and the faster the better.
    Posted by butterflyjumper1[/QUOTE]

I did the same thing. As soon as you can get them out, the better. But at max, I would say 1 month.
    "Judging a person does not define who they are. It defines who you are."
  • Options
    Etiquette is 10 days to 2 weeks. I got mine out yesterday after my shower on Sunday and it feels great to have them done!
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_thank-you-turn-around-time?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:32a0d2fa-0108-4bf8-95de-67872978755aPost:2a93f2ca-fbb7-442c-899f-23f51b62d5ba">Re: Thank you turn around time</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would just do them as quickly as you can. I wrote mine the next day just so I could have everything fresh in my mind, and mailed them the day after. Everyone kept complimenting me on how nice it was to get them so quickly.  I was a little obsessive about doing them super fast and that absolutely isn't necessary - but people do notice how long it takes, and the faster the better.

I did the same thing I hate it when people take forever to send their thank you cards.
  • Options
    I agree with PPs.

Just make sure you send the TYs to everyone. I never received a thank you from one of my (close) friends for her shower gifts or for her wedding gift. I totally judged her for this and lost some respect for her -- and she's a close friend.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_thank-you-turn-around-time?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:32a0d2fa-0108-4bf8-95de-67872978755aPost:c26d941b-2512-4499-bc7d-c70a54a6cca7">Re: Thank you turn around time</a>:
    [QUOTE]I agree with PPs. Just make sure you send the TYs to everyone. I never received a thank you from one of my (close) friends for her shower gifts or for her wedding gift. <strong>I totally judged her for this and lost some respect for her -- and she's a close friend.</strong>
    Posted by bridetobe71412[/QUOTE]

Haha I have done the same. To me, a taking a few weeks is fine, just make sure you do them!

My shower TYs went out about 3 weeks afterwards, so I guess on the later side of where it should be, but it was the best I could do. Just do them as soon as you can and get them out of the way!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Mine was 2 weeks for one shower and just shy of 3 weeks for another. I had them done and sitting in my car for a few days and didn't make it to the post-office for stamps. Shameful, I know.

(I've actually thought about doing some wedding thank-you notes before the wedding. Eeekkkk..)

Anxiously awaiting baby #1! Baby BOY Due: May 30, 2013! Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Options
    I judge, too. My friends took 7 months to do their wedding thank yous and it was almost worse than if they hadn't sent them at all. I just don't understand how it could have taken that long.

One of my BFFs never sent thank yous for her bachelorette party gifts. Don't forget those thank you's too, ladies! I totally judge when I don't get a thank you for a gift - even if it is sexy lingerie and g-strings that I am gifting you, I deserve to be thanked for it!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_thank-you-turn-around-time?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:32a0d2fa-0108-4bf8-95de-67872978755aPost:4eb48923-0c77-41f0-84dc-73f4f9cc5f9f">Re: Thank you turn around time</a>:
    [QUOTE]I judge, too. My friends took 7 months to do their wedding thank yous and it was almost worse than if they hadn't sent them at all. I just don't understand how it could have taken that long. One of my BFFs never sent thank yous for her bachelorette party gifts. Don't forget those thank you's too, ladies! I totally judge when I don't get a thank you for a gift - even if it is sexy lingerie and g-strings that I am gifting you, I deserve to be thanked for it!

Yeah I agree a hand written note it best for this.  My friends usually send an email.  I am going to send paper thank you cards.
  • Options
    an email is better than nothing, but I am with you LADY, there is nothing as good as the real deal when it comes to a thank you! 
  • Options
    2 weeks. It would've been sooner, except that my thank you notes didn't come in the mail until a week after the shower
    Wedding Countdown Ticker weddingpreview
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_thank-you-turn-around-time?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:32a0d2fa-0108-4bf8-95de-67872978755aPost:c26d941b-2512-4499-bc7d-c70a54a6cca7">Re: Thank you turn around time</a>:
    [QUOTE]I agree with PPs. Just make sure you send the TYs to everyone. I never received a thank you from one of my (close) friends for her shower gifts or for her wedding gift. I totally judged her for this and lost some respect for her -- and she's a close friend.
    Posted by bridetobe71412[/QUOTE]

Agreed! I never got a TY from a very good friend after her wedding and a year later I'm still mad about it.

I never even thought about doing it via email. I don't think that's appropriate.
  • Options
    I just bought some today to use for Shower and BP thank you's.  I plan to try and get them all done the day after my shower bc if I dont just do them they will never get done.  I am terrible about that kind of stuff!  Embarassed  I am thinking I am going to address a bunch of envelopes now for the wedding thank yous for people we know are coming to the wedding. Then I wont have that to do on top of writing my thank you's after the wedding.  
    :)AJ Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I think I sent mine out a week or two afterward the shower...as far as the wedding goes..we'll be doing the same thing.
  • Options

Both times I wrote it right away when I got home and it was sent out the next day. I don't do good when I know I have things to do- I need to do them right away!

After our wedding we'll be going on our honeymoon and not opening gifts until we return (we leave right away). So I hope to have all of it done within a couple of weeks. I want them all done before I return to work in end of August though!

doggie Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards