Wedding Woes
Options

In need of a good vent?

Well then, this is the time. As for me I can't stand my future in laws. My MIL calls me several times a week, calling at 10 minute intervals until I pick up...just to talk. *SiGH*Sometimes, I think getting it off your chest is as good as (or better than) getting advise.

Re: In need of a good vent?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I come up with not one, but two, affordable ceremony and reception sites.  Each of them are about $1,000 below our budget.  I take FI on tours and he says "I'm not impressed" but won't tell me what his issues are so that I can answer them.  So, I found a couple more sites that are more "impressive" but are also more expensive (AKA right on budget).  We tour them and he says that he's "not impressed." WTF?!?I found out on Friday that "not impressed" is FI-code for too expensive and/or not pretty enough.  Babe, you can beautify unpretty sites, and the too expensive ones include food, liquor, invites, dj, flowers, and cake.  In the 14 years we've been together, I haven't had this much trouble planning anything with him.  Why is this so much more difficult?  We've got a budget, and I can follow it.  At work they call me "The Budget Nazi".  Please just trust me.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards