Wedding Woes

I am FREAKED out so Mad!!

I got married this weekend and it was great, I am married to my man and we're going to be really happy together! I ended up moving all my stuff on Sunday after I came off of my wedding high and have almost all my stuff into "OUR" place! Aaww!!EVERYTHING that could go wrong went wrong and it alsmost ended up a disaster. Well, it did end up a disaster but luckily we were able to have the vows and that was nice. BUT now I think the day was ruined and a black mark will forever be on June 20 every year from now on. Yes, it was that bad of a day.Everything up to getting to the church was fine. Some stuff was late and the sandwich platters we ordered for the wedding party fopr the house was all late, but that was okay because my mom's friend went to a supermarket and got some boxes of donuts and some crackers and cheese plates for us to snack on while we got ready. When we got to the church it was opkay, we had umbrellas in case of weather being bad and whatever. But then I got into the church and I stood there with my dad after everyone got lined up and I told them we were ready. The lady in the office just sat there and the office was right across from where we were lined up. I thought she'd tell the music people we were ready. BUT I asked everyone what was going on, and the priest was up there and everything ready to go, but the best man came back and told us to start walking up, there was no one to play music. It turned out, the guy who plays the organ was very ill and could not make it. So we all had to walk up in silence because there was no intro music. AWKWARD.We got to the altar and the priest was the same priest who gave us interviews and made sure we went to pre cana, but he kept calling my now-husband Mitchell. His name is MICHAEL! SO weird. I looked at my MOH and asked if maybe therwe was another wedding that day, but I was the only one. So he kept saying Robin and Mitchell instead of Michael. I wanted to DIE. I mean, does that even matter? His name is right on the certificate wesigned and everything.So then we finish the vows part and we kiss and everyone applauds, and of course there's no music as we leave. It was so quiet after people stopped applauding that you can hear a phone vibrate. YES, someone got a phone call - THE PRIEST. He had hsi cell phone at the altar on vibrate! He just let it go to voicemail i guess instead of turnign it off. BUT O MY GOD!We went outside to take pictures and as we're standing there taking snapshots, a bird pooped right on my bouquet of flowers. Sure, it's better than my face, but it was so gross. It's hard to wask off flowers and make all the glitter to just stay on. Oh well, at least bird poop doesn't smell.I figured it couldn't get any worse, right? WRONG. My grandmother fell down the stairs of the church on her way out and hurt her foot. My uncle took her to the ER to get an xray, and she sprained her ankle. She missed most of the reception but we saved her (AND my uncle) a dinner. That's the worst place for anyone to have to spend an afternoon, let alone the day her only grandaughter gets married! I wanted to go and be wioth her so bad but couldn't bercause we spent so much money and she said to just stay with my husband now.The entrance into the room was fine for the ereception and the apatixers were good. But then the DJ played the wrong first song. We had planned for him to play "Fools Rush In" which is a beautiful Elvis song. Instead he played Butterfly Kisses. I never even heard this song and it was so long. I started to cry and I hope people thought it was because I was happy but at that point I was so sad and defeated.Thankfully the rest of the night went on and only a few glitches like friends getting rowdy and wanting to sing into the microphone and request lots of songs we would enjoy in college. But hopefully no one else will have the drama I had to deal with. Tomorrow we leave for our honeymoon and I hope to think of happy things. My husband (I can't stop smikling when I say that!!!) said we can have a renewal next year to make up for it, just us and the immediate family. He's so caring.

Re: I am FREAKED out so Mad!!

• edited December 2011
    Just ignore the cold responses.  Some people here are like birds of prey.I, for one, have a lot of sympathy for what you went through!  You spent so much time, energy, and money to make your wedding day go the way you had hoped, but some of your vendors let you down.  (I can't believe the priest didn't get Michael's name right!  That's just awful!)I would be pretty disappointed, too.  Luckily, it *is* just one day in the end, and at least you have some good stories to tell.  ;)  I hope you have a WONDERFUL honeymoon to help make up for it!
  • edited December 2011
    Now that I think about this, it kinda reminds me of Sex and the City. Charlotte had the picture perfect wedding with Trey, right? And that marriage was total crap. Then, she had the nightmare of a wedding, and the marriage was fantastic! A perfect wedding does not make a perfect marriage. And an awful wedding does not make an awful marriage.... unless you let it. DON'T LET IT!
  • edited December 2011
    i would hope your anniversary would be a celebration of your union and that you got through the first year. The ceremony doesn't really have anything to do about that. Next year  you will be able to look back on this and laugh. At least your parents didn't get into a horrible fatal car accident on the way to the venue; at least the church didn't burn down before you got there; at least the sandwich delivery person didn't hold you up at gun point and steal all of your valuables in the house; at least your bms didn't get angry with you and walk out on your wedding right before going down the isle; at least you weren't diagnosed with cancer the day before your wedding. get the point, your issues were annoying and yes they can put a damper on the festivities but it could ALWAYS be worse. I hope you guys really enjoyed your honeymoon :)
  • edited December 2011
    I agree with teadunk, you need a little sensitivity on this.  I'm about 2 months to my wedding and I've dealt with nothing but crap from both sides of the family, that I can completely for-see a melt-down on or before the wedding ... in fact, I've cried more in the last year than I have probably in the last 5!!!HOWEVER, don't let it ruin your anniversary.  You married the man you love and you should remember that ... don't dwell on the wedding day glitches too much.And I've already discussed renewing our vows next year and not include ANYONE ... i just want to go off somewhere and do a vow renewal in private! haha.  I see nothing wrong with that, rather something to look forward to where you don't have to plan too much, or anything other than saying I DO :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards