Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Classy Concepts in Mansfield- and AW

I just wanted to say that I had a great experience at Classy Concepts yesterday. It was a Thursday late trunk show appointment, so I was the only bride trying anything on (which made it even more relaxing). Sue had cupcakes and wine ready for my friend and I, and then when my mom showed up at random (I thought she wasn't going to make it), she made sure she was comfortable, too! She gave great advice and I could tell she wasn't JUST trying to make a sell. I'm not sure what it would be like on a weekend, but I had a wonderful laid back experience there. She did warn me that if I came on a Saturday trunk show day, it is pretty crazy. So I was glad that I made a late Thurs appointment.

The selection there is smaller because it's a smaller boutique, but you are only wearing one dress so it could be in there! She actually pulled one that I did not choose because when I saw it I thought "wow I love love the bottom but I think the top would be too much" ... but she pulled it later and I LOVED it when I put it on! We all really loved it. And she can modify stuff, like add a sweetheart..

I never realized what could be modified on a dress! They can do so much!

None of these pics have me in it, but here is the contender so far, although I have appointments in the future. I went ahead and put a deposit on it. She said that if I don't get that dress, it can go towards something else-- which I was fine with!

The Maggie dress I tried on was Light Gold/Champagne lace with Gold accent (I think). But we were able to "imagine it" being whiter. I am planning on adding a sweetheart neckline (if this is "the one")... the cap sleeves are removable!

Here it is on a real person (not me), which looks better than the one on the model:
http://boards.weddingbee.com/?bb_attachments=1072810&bbat=133960 

here is the model picture... it is diamond white with pewter accents :  click click

here it is white on white: clickclick

white on white without the petticoat (although I would definitely wear a petticoat!): http://bios.weddingbee.com/pics/56802/DSC05284.JPG
Disclaimer: Please excuse the above comment. I'm probably freaking out because there is less than one month to go. Thank you.
Wedding Countdown Ticker
Our Huge Planning Blog :) * Updated 06/11

July 2011 Bride

Re: Classy Concepts in Mansfield- and AW

• edited December 2011
    I just wanted to say that I had a great experience at Classy Concepts yesterday. It was a Thursday late trunk show appointment, so I was the only bride trying anything on (which made it even more relaxing). Sue had cupcakes and wine ready for my friend and I, and then when my mom showed up at random (I thought she wasn't going to make it), she made sure she was comfortable, too! She gave great advice and I could tell she wasn't JUST trying to make a sell. I'm not sure what it would be like on a weekend, but I had a wonderful laid back experience there. She did warn me that if I came on a Saturday trunk show day, it is pretty crazy. So I was glad that I made a late Thurs appointment.

The selection there is smaller because it's a smaller boutique, but you are only wearing one dress so it could be in there! She actually pulled one that I did not choose because when I saw it I thought "wow I love love the bottom but I think the top would be too much" ... but she pulled it later and I LOVED it when I put it on! We all really loved it. And she can modify stuff, like add a sweetheart..

I never realized what could be modified on a dress! They can do so much!

None of these pics have me in it, but here is the contender so far, although I have appointments in the future. I went ahead and put a deposit on it. She said that if I don't get that dress, it can go towards something else-- which I was fine with!

The Maggie dress I tried on was Light Gold/Champagne lace with Gold accent (I think). But we were able to "imagine it" being whiter. I am planning on adding a sweetheart neckline (if this is "the one")... the cap sleeves are removable!

Here it is on a real person (not me), which looks better than the one on the model:
    http://boards.weddingbee.com/?bb_attachments=1072810&bbat=133960 

here is the model picture... it is diamond white with pewter accents :  click click

here it is white on white: clickclick

white on white without the petticoat (although I would definitely wear a petticoat!): http://bios.weddingbee.com/pics/56802/DSC05284.JPG
    Disclaimer: Please excuse the above comment. I'm probably freaking out because there is less than one month to go. Thank you.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

July 2011 Bride
  • bsn1752bsn1752 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm glad you had such a great experience!

I can't see a picture though!  :(
  • edited December 2011
    Try now! I originally had a link on there that was so long that it messed up the whole page! lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

July 2011 Bride
  • edited December 2011
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

July 2011 Bride
  • fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh it's stunning!  (I vote white with the pewter) :)
  • bsn1752bsn1752 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OK - I see it now!! I love it!!
  • edited December 2011
    Very pretty. I like the dress! It's great that you had such a pleasant experience with them
  • edited December 2011
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

July 2011 Bride
  • fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know but I love that one too!  It's not the champagne that you tried on?
  • edited December 2011
    I remember the one I tried on had an overall brown feel to it... I don't know, my mind is spinning! Maybe it only seemed brown because it was next to white dresses? But I remember thinking the brown tones stood out a lot more than the one in that last picture... maybe I can print it out and just ask her? I just remember it being "different" enough to where I knew that I wouldn't get it like that because it didn't feel totally  like a wedding dress.....  It's a shame they don't have every combo as a picture on a website because some gowns look SO DIFFERENT. I didn't look twice at that gown when I was stalking the maggie website the past week! Not because it's not pretty, but because random things "weren't my style".. but I'm curvy so on the model the dress looks SUPER mermaid.. on me, it's not as obvious (more like that last pic, although I'm hippier than her)... and the petticoats make all the difference, too! Stuff I didn't even THINK about!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

July 2011 Bride
  • MLandCJMLandCJ member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    aww YAY! That makes me happy that you had such a great time there. They are always super friendly when I have talked to them about anything.

My dress should be here any day now from them! It should have arrived today. I'm sure they will call me next week since they have the trunk show this weekend.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • BanannaPBanannaP member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also like the white with pewter. It really makes the beading stand out. In the pictures with white on white, you could barely see all the beautiful detail.
  • samccainsamccain member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Gorgeous dress!  I like the white/pewter....stands out gorgeously.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards