Moms and Maids
Options

An explanation and a suggestion

Hi ladies,

Just wanted to share a couple of thoughts.  This board started out as a MOB/MOG board, and we would share with each other and try to help other ladies who came here to get a MOB/MOG opinion.  When the Knot, in it's infinite wisdom, changed the board to Moms and Maids...the whole board changed.  Some of us who were here left because it is not the same.

The problem is that the same question gets posted over and over and over.  If I could make a suggestion...read down through the posts first.  You may find your answer there and save yourself some time. 

The second suggestion would be to read what you are going to post before you hit the send button.  I'm convinced people don't, or they would think twice.  It's fine to vent...we all need to do it from time to time...just make sure that what you have written is what you want to sound like.

Finally, I totally understand how important your wedding is to you.  I remember mine and just went through my daughter's last year.  Make sure that that you step back from time to time and remind yourself that you want to have wonderful memories of the day.  You don't want to think back 30 years from now and remember anger, resentment, and frustration.  This is supposed to be a joyful time.

So, surround yourself with people you love, relax, and let things roll off.  You'll be a happier person all around.

Now, back to your regularly scheduled program.  And Trix...Love ya!!!
My baby girl is a married woman...and now my baby girl HAS a baby girl. Time unfolds in such an amazing way. I've been blessed!

Re: An explanation and a suggestion

• Options
    edited December 2011
    You're right, half the posts on this board, today, are about brides who are dissatisfied with their BMs/MOHs. It's like this many days. The answers are mostly the same.
    Where are the MOBs and MOGs. It would be nice to have an exchange with other moms and also get some ideas from brides on ways we can help our daughters and sons with their weddings.

Oh, and I love Trix, too.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Muffin's Mom. That is a really good thread and hopefully others will take the advice. Yes, trix is awesome.
  • Options
    trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh gosh, you guys!  You're the bestest!  Thanks for the kind words.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards