Moms and Maids

mohzilla

I was talking to my sister who is also my moh last night and she kept telling me my colors should be red and black because that will be "sexy". I tell her I do not want red and black and that my FI have picked light shades of pink and purple because they would be good colors for a may wedding. I also told her we are bringing in light shades of blue and green with the flowers and accessories. She then tells me she found feather headband hats that would be awesome for her and my other sister bridesmaid to wear. Then she showed me them on line and I said I wasn't crazy about them but she insisted they would be cool. She already got married and I had to wear what she wanted when I was her moh. She seems to be forgetting it is my turn to be the bride!!!!

Re: mohzilla

• I think you are overreacting.

She is just trying to be helpful and to give you her ideas.  Listen to what she says and then tell her that "You will keep that in mind" or "I will think about that". 

I definitely don't think that your sister is in anyway acting like a MOHzilla.  She just seems like she is excited for your wedding and wants to help.  I doubt she is holding a gun to your head and forcing you to do exactly what she says.

• I can understand why your frustrated but take a deep breath. Be greatful she is excited and showing an interest. Just respond with a simple oh that's nice but not right for my wedding vision and change the topic. In the end you only need to take the ideas you like. If you need to just take a break on discussing wedding with her.
    85image 71image 14image
  • This is only the beginning. Many people will want to share their super fantastic ideas for your wedding with you. Just say - 'thanks, but we already have that covered' or 'thanks, that's an interesting idea' or something like that. If your sister gets too pushy, stop discussing the wedding with her.

• I don't think your over reacting, your right that your sister had her day and you wore what she wanted... sexy and feathers and headbands... oh my, I understand why you don't want that at your wedding.  Just tell her bluntly that you have a clear idea of what you want on the wardrobe front, maybe she could turn her attention to flowers or some other details to help you out?  And say jokingly that no, your flowers will not include feathers :D

You don't want to start a fight with her, as she's your sister and MOH butmy god she can't keep badgering you with what sounds to me like terrible ideas for however long you have until the wedding! 

...but I'm a blunt personality so this is just what I would do :D
  • I agree with Maire. Throughout your entire engagement, right up until the day you wed, people will be putting in their 2 cents-- what colors to do, what to wear, what to eat, where to have it, what songs to pick. People are just naturally excited and think that they have really good ideas. They are trying to be helpful, but to the bride it is excessively annoying. There isn't a whole lot you can do besides to shrug it off and tell them that you are going in another direction.

As far as your sister goes, I would tell her firmly that you already have your colors set and will be working off of X pallette. If she doesn't get that and keeps offering her ideas, I would either stop sharing with her or be prepared to say no a lot. If she wants to be involved, you could give her an assignment that either doesn't mean much to you or is something that she can't scew up.
    Photobucket
  • My mom told her no black. I am getting married in may and my FI and I have decided on a shade of pink and lavender and spring flowers. I know I will have to say no a lot and I already have put my foot down about having my reception at a hall where it will be set up and decorated for me. I am going to do most things myself but do not want to worry about the hall! Lol they are putting up with a lot from me too!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards