Moms and Maids

Bill Levkoff bridesmaid sizing- Time Crunch (x post)

I am running out of time to get my BM dresses ordred! I am 18 weeks out and I've been asking them to order them for weeks. The site says 12-16 weeks shipping. Now, we measured them and according to their chart, my size 4 sister needs a 14. My other sister tried on a relatively new sample size 12 and it was almost a perfect fit and they say she needs a 18. That's ridiculous. Does anyone have any insight to their sizing? Anyone use them? Please help, I'm running out of time!

Re: Bill Levkoff bridesmaid sizing- Time Crunch (x post)

• AutumnFairAutumnFair member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_bill-levkoff-bridesmaid-sizing-time-crunch-x-post?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:357Discussion:0c72d7ab-99ff-47e4-9978-88ad15c18275Post:008394e6-e36f-4928-8da2-0d35ce26fda3">Bill Levkoff bridesmaid sizing- Time Crunch (x post)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am running out of time to get my BM dresses ordred! I am 18 weeks out and I've been asking them to order them for weeks. The site says 12-16 weeks shipping. Now, we measured them and according to their chart, my size 4 sister needs a 14. My other sister tried on a relatively new sample size 12 and it was almost a perfect fit and they say she needs a 18. That's ridiculous. Does anyone have any insight to their sizing? Anyone use them? Please help, I'm running out of time!
    Posted by ashbosity[/QUOTE]

<div>I've been a BM and have ordered BL dresses before and I usually just get the size I usually wear in dresses and have traded with other BMs with a size up without having much/if any alterations. So I have no idea what style dress you picked out but BL usually stays pretty true to regular dress sizes (I hate trying to figure out their measurement chart) so unless they really changed it up I would recommend just ordering their size or one size up. </div><div>
    </div><div>Also if you can find a store that has BL dresses and have them try one on, because that will basically tell what size they are.</div>
  • 8daysaweek8daysaweek member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Who did the measuring? If it's someone who is not an experienced seamstress, it's possible they measured in the wrong spot.
    Are all the measurements in line with the larger size or just one? If it's just the waist, for example, it's likely the measurement was taken in the wrong place - a lot of people who are inexperienced with taking measurements do it wrong. A lot of people do right at the belly button but you actually want to measure at the narrowest part of your waist, which is usually about an inch above the belly button. If she doesn't have a defined waist, it should be at the naval.
    So it's the fullest part for your bust and hips measurement and the narrowest for waists.
    DD Lea, born 04/21/10
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP #4 It's a BOY!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    CP: July 2011
    BFP #3: 11/3/2011 M/C 12/12/11
    We miss you and love you always, little firecrackers!
  • edited December 2011
    Same thing happened to me.  They ordered me a dress 4 sizes bigger than I thought I needed and I had to have by BM dress altered twice!  Luckily the lady who did it for me was nice enough to only charge me once! 
    -kbrustew
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards