Moms and Maids

Apparently, I am to be the MOG

Less than two months before my own wedding, my son just told me today that he is planning to propose to his girlfriend of four years soon. He already has the engagement ring, since he bought the one I used in my first marriage from me, but he just had his father get it out of the safe deposit box and get it appraised for insurance purposes.Son had planned to propose last March, but was talked out of it by his father, who said he hadn't known his gf long enough. However, he has now decided to ignore his father's advice.So, it looks like we may have another wedding coming up in the not too distant future!

Re: Apparently, I am to be the MOG

• trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hooray!  I loved being MOG and MOB.  It's so much fun to be the "mom of the....."  Congratulations to you and your son!
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • momofraindropmomofraindrop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    WOW Busy time for your family! I just found out that I may be MOB and MOG in the same summer! My daughter is getting married in May and my son just told me his girlfriend and him are talking about getting married in July!!!!
  • edited December 2011
    Congratulations ladies!  I was thrilled when I was the MOB and I'm looking forward to the time when I'll get to be the MOG.  Hopefully, it won't be for a few more years....he needs to finish college first and then it would probably be good it he actually found a bride!
  • edited December 2011
    Well congrats!!!  How wonderful that he has found the one.  You are doing a wonderful job as a bride, and I know you will be equally wonderful as a MOG.  I'm jealous!  I only have a daughter, so I will never get to lay back and enjoy being MOG :)  A friend who has both says that the MOG has only a couple of jobs for the wedding...be agreeable at all costs, pay for the rehearsal dinner, wear champagne and keep quiet :)
    My baby girl is a married woman...and now my baby girl HAS a baby girl. Time unfolds in such an amazing way. I've been blessed!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards