Moms and Maids

Mother

Is it just me or is your mothers driving you insane also? She thinks that this is her wedding..as if she can go back and re due hers. she always has an opinion on what i should or shouldnt do and if i tell her something then she gets this stupid face if she doesnt like it. she doesnt like the dresses the girls are wearing..this coming from the lady that got married in the 80 and they wore these purple hooped skirt atrocious dresses with hats that looked like they should be riding horses. and all the time she tells me how she got her dress from the goodwill..and that i should have had my aunt do my invites..and she doesnt like japanese food so we shouldnt do the rd there. OMG. and she is "hosting" the shower with my grama and my sis who is my moh and she wants to use my vases for the wedding at the shower and i was like no. i dont want them to get messed up they are for the wedding. and she invited people that i didnt even invite to the wedding! i gave her a list of people to invite. and then when they call and rsvp she calls me and is like who is so and so i dont know them. why did you invite them...i invited them bc they are my friend and you dont know EVERYONE IN MY LIFe. if it wasnt for this wedding i would tell her to go away and leave me alone...thanks for reading my novel..i hope that everyone is having great memories planing their wedding!!

Re: Mother

• TruchanaTruchana member
    100 Comments
    edited December 2011
    LOL!  just take it with a grain of salt...
  • trix1223trix1223 member
    5000 Comments 25 Love Its Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Can I just ask one question?  Who is paying for this wedding and shower?
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • duckie1905duckie1905 member
    Fifth Anniversary 1000 Comments 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    Ditto trix...who is paying?  He who holds the checkbook has all the control.
  • lgrote17lgrote17 member
    10 Comments
    edited December 2011
    I am paying for the wedding! My grandma paid for the shower! Its at my house. I paid for some of the gifts for the games and the stuff for the games (helping my sis who is my moh and is only 16)
  • trix1223trix1223 member
    5000 Comments 25 Love Its Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In that case, for every piece of advice your mom gives you, for every critique she gives you, for every opinion she gives you, smile sweetly and say "We hadn't thought about that.  We'll certainly think about it."  Then think about it and do what you want.  You're paying for your own wedding~she gets to offer advice and thoughts only, but can't insist on anything.Sorry your mom is being difficult.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
    100 Comments
    edited December 2011
    Remember one thing...this is only one day.  tell yourself you are not going to stress out about stupid petty/catty things and try your hardest not to.  Regardless of who is paying, the moms get excited too.  Be thankful your mom wants to be a part of it and take what she says with a grain of salt.
  • lgrote17lgrote17 member
    10 Comments
    edited December 2011
    truchana..u put it in to persepective..not everyone has a mother to share this with and im here bitching about my mom wanting to be part of it..sorry if i offended anyone..i did have a dream that i broke her leg tho! it was kinda funny when i woke up.. thanks you guys!
    100 Comments
    edited December 2011
    LOl wel, Not going to lie, it can get annoying.  My mom probably doesn't hit the extreme yours does.  She understands that it is my wedding,  but every once in a while, the controlling side comes out, and the over excitement. Probably stress to since the wedding is held in her home town.  my bestfriends mom wasn't involved at all in hers.  She gave her $5K and then every time she talked to her the mom simply told her everythign she wasn't doing, so she ended up not being involved much at all.  Seems like there should be some kind of middle ground!
  • edited December 2011
    You know, next time she pulls a face at your ideas, just make a quiet suggestion... "Well, if you don't like it why don't you just put on the dress and marry *fiance*?" BEST. LINE. EVER. It shut my mother up completely and made her realise exactly WHOSE wedding it is and why I can appreciate her input, but it's our day, our way or get out of the planning folder!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards