Moms and Maids
Options

"Brides File Box"

When I got married, 30 years ago, my to-be M-I-L gave me a wonderful 'Brides File Box" (I still have it!). It contained index type cards to put the guests names, address and phone. A place to check their response and  a place to put the gift when it arrived and little numbers to keep track. And a spot to check if you sent the thank you note. It is plastic and slightly tacky. But I just love it. Does anyone know where these can be found? I did find some that are paper and that just will not work. Thanks!

Re: "Brides File Box"

• Options
    trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    andee:  I was also married 31 years ago, and had a box like that.Ive now been MOG and MOB, and my kids did something very similar but using an excel spreadsheet.  It's a different world now.....I'm not sure you'll find what you had 30 years ago.  =)
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    andee1353andee1353 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, that is exactly what my husband said. I just may go to Michaels and get crafty on a box from OfficeMax!
  • Options
    trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    andee, I'm trying to argumentative here, but if this box is for someone the ages of my kids, are you sure it will actually be used-as opposed to them just using technoology?My point is that you might be better off spending your time and $$ on something that the engaged couple will find useful.I think your heart is in the right place, but neither my DD nor my DIL would have needed or used a cute box.  They would have graciously thanked me and oohed and ahhed, and then stuck it in a closet.What they both did use was a large binder with pocket dividers in it.  They used each pocket for the different vendors they dealt with:  florist, attire, minister, church, reception venue, photographer, musician/dj and so on.Could you give something like that instead?
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Andee, my mom is also using an excel spreadsheet which is great for additions and corrections. However, I received a box like you mentioned that we are keeping all of the response cards in as a backup. It is from the Mindy Weiss collection. I know if you go to her website, there is a shop there that should have these. Good Luck.
  • Options
    morainemommorainemom member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Danser,I bought the same box you received for my daughter. (Mindy Weiss RSVP Box.) It is really nice.
  • Options
    bharr616bharr616 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I saw those cards at hallmark yesterday. I thought they were neat, but I didnt get them for myself because I dont need anymore paper to keep track of. But you could get the cards there and then put it in a cute recipe box, the cards should be the same size.
  • Options
    andee1353andee1353 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you all for your ideas. I agree about the binder style idea and in fact I have one going for me. The excel spread sheet, knowing my daughter, will also be used. I am going to check out the box mentioned as a back up and keepsake. Again, thanks to  you all! Andee
  • Options
    Catwoman708Catwoman708 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A spread sheet works just as well. Also, when my daughter got married, she got a "memory book" instead of a plain guest book. It had places for pre-wedding events, like showers, shower guests, addresses, presents, and also places for photos mixed in. I think we got it at Hobby Lobby. You could probably find something similar at most craft stores, or anywhere that sells wedding accessories.
  • Options
    TruchanaTruchana member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with trix..one of those binders from Barnes and Nobles or Michaels works better in these days. Your heart is in the right place, but honestly, there are such simpler ways to do things now.  The folders allow them to keep track of everything, each vendor, ideas, guest lists, etc.  I used an excel sheet for a lot of my stuff too.  I did the guest list on excel and it was awesome!  So easy.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards