Moms and Maids

NEED HELP WITH GIFT IDEAS!!

Hi All! I am getting married in 17 days and I still have not figured out what to get my mom and the grooms mom as a gift... Does anyone have any suggestions?? We are on an extremely tight budget as well. Is there any typical gifts that the mothers usually get?? Thanks!! ~Erin

Re: NEED HELP WITH GIFT IDEAS!!

• edited December 2011
    My daughter is getting married in 18 days, and we have had that very same discussion.  I will tell you what I told her.  The greatest gift she could give me is to have a joyful day and take pictures that show that joy so that I can look back at them and remember with it with love.  I don't want a thing.
    My baby girl is a married woman...and now my baby girl HAS a baby girl. Time unfolds in such an amazing way. I've been blessed!
  • handfast4mehandfast4me member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I feel the same way. DD is having her reception on Saturday, and I told her that I just wanted her to enjoy herself!  She's been sick lately, so it's been really hard on her.  Just to see her having a good time will be a gift enough for me. 
    image Don't mess with the old dogs; age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill! BS and brilliance only come with age and experience.
  • edited December 2011
    I agree. It really isn't necessary to get parents gifts.  I'm pretty sure we didn't do it 20-30 years ago. Write it off as a creation of the "wedding industry." 
  • edited December 2011
    I got my parents a picture frame for the wall of family picture to put the picture from my wedding in. I also specifically got my mom 5 jordan almonds as she was sad that I did not want to give jordan almonds as favors ( i think they taste nasty) it made her smile.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards