Moms and Maids

It's the day

It's fifteen after midnight and in 12 hours my baby girl will be married.  We have run like crazy for the last two days, but I think we are ready.Our minister had a quadruple bypass yesterday, but we have a replacement, so it's all good.  The only funny thing is his name.  My DD is being married by Rev. Fink :)My best friend came all the way from California.  We went to the rehearsal and dinner and then came home, went to the grocery store, bought what we needed and then made brunch casseroles, and organized everything for a family brunch on Sunday for OOT family and guests.  Is she amazing or what.My husband, who came home on Wednesday, has had his tux hanging in there since then.  10 times a day over the last 3 days i have said..."have you tried it on?"  He, as usual, ignored the suggestion.  At 10 tonight, he tried it on.  The pants are 5 inches too short and the coat looks like it was made for someone half his size.  He looks like "lil abner".  Did I say anything??  No I did not!  He is hoping they can fix it tomorrow, but it may not be the same tux everyone else is wearing.  I do not care :)  but I do think it's funny!Other than that, all is well and it will be amazing.  I am now headede to the bathtub with a short thermos and crazy straw for one last soak.  I also have chocolate.  I will then take an ambien and check out for a few hours so I can hit tomorrow with style.Thank you all for being there.  "C"...I hope your day is fabulous too.  I will be back on Sunday night, and I plan to hang around after and dispense sensible advice to other brides who can benefit from my experience and wisdom :)As the kids say...peace out!
My baby girl is a married woman...and now my baby girl HAS a baby girl. Time unfolds in such an amazing way. I've been blessed!

Re: It's the day

• kmmssgkmmssg mod
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    Lots of MOB vibes to you today.  My best to Muffin and I know all will be beautiful. I AM dying to hear how the tux thing works out so details when you can!
  • trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Lots of hugs and wishes going out to you today, mm!  I wish you a wonderful, glorious, and memorable day.  Take mental snapshots of the day.Everyone says that the day goes by so fast for the bride & groom.  That same thing is true for moms.You're going to LOVE watching your DD's face as she comes down the aisle.  Take a minute to turn and look at your FSIL's face too.  It's a priceless moment to see him looking adoringly at your little girl. 
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • angnron0529angnron0529 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I admire you for not brow beating DH for the tux issue.  I am anxious to hear how it turns out.  I hope your daughters day was beautiful and you have wonderful memories enough for a lifetime 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards