Moms and Maids
Options

FM(I)L and adult only wedding

2»

Re: FM(I)L and adult only wedding

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I do know that its the license. Ive taken numerous TABC tests. If i did have children i would keep them from events that had alcohol until i felt they were old enough but that is my parenting choice. I was raised that children shouldnt be exposed to drinking at young age and I prefer not to have 5 year olds near our 21 yr old and up guests that are irresponsible drinkers.
    This is something to agree to disagree on. Its my values and those are yours. We could use examples and call everyone names but at the end of the day Im still gonna put an age limit and your still gonna critisize it. Why continue a useless conversation?

OP: I am providing a babysitter for anyone who feels that its an inconvience. I have stated and spread the word that i will have a babysitter to try and accomodate others. Maybe you could include a note in the invitations to those with children just saying you have provided a babysitter and childrens activities (most children have no interest in wedding festivities) in a seperate room. So far a few parents have been appreciative because they want to enjoy a night out without having to find and pay a sitter.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    jcamm11jcamm11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_fmil-adult-only-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:357Discussion:10c8ff9a-91e7-4034-818c-4b7bd415e068Post:801eae9c-2b0c-4c34-ae5d-43fe0444f215">Re: FM(I)L and adult only wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]I disagree with children being in most resturants that serve alcohol or places where it is being consumed. Its illegal to consume the alcohol at places like walmart so children are not being exposed to the consumption. Not saying you have to follow my beliefs. I am sticking to my principals and beliefs by asking that no child under 12 be at my wedding since alcohol is being consumed. I think since my fiance and I are hosting it should be our choice. Would you bring alcohol for parents at a childs party just to be a good host? They are more than welcome to go home and drink all they want in front of their children.<strong> I also ask that they do not smoke. is that bad hosting?</strong> since its a party for the guests and the bride/grooms opinions shouldnt matter.
    Posted by julichris[/QUOTE]

It depends.  If you say no smoking inside the reception hall, that's fine, as it's probably not allowed by the venue anyways.  If you ask them not to go outside for a cigarette break, yes, that would be bad hosting.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    klablanc18klablanc18 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I found a simple and easy solution for all this....

My reception hall is at a church.  As such, no booze allowed.  There, problem solved.  No booze = no kids exposed to it.  You could just not have alchohol at the wedding.  There is no written rule stating "Thou shalt have booze at thy wedding! Or Else!".  People should be able to have a good time with no liqour.  Plus: No booze means more money for other things.  Have your eye on some killer (but expensive) table cloths and chair covers?   Perhaps that upgraded meal?  You can splurge on something else when you're not having to cover bar costs.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards