Moms and Maids
Options

Wedding book as a congrats to engagement gift?

Hello ladies!!

My best friend just got engaged and I'm the MOH. I was thinking as a "Congratulations" gift to give her a good organizer/planner. She is a big planner and kind of OCD with organization, so I was thinking this may be a good idea. Any suggestions on any particular books? Thanks in advance ;)

Re: Wedding book as a congrats to engagement gift?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I think that's a very cute idea.  If you go to Barnes & Nobles/Borders they usually have a wedding section with a bunch of books and planners.  I can't remember the name of the one I was given but it was more of a "to do/etiquette/idea book" all in one.  I think maybe it was just called "The Wedding Book" or something by Mindy someone (helpful I know...lol).  I really liked it.  But there were also a lot of really cute organizer-type ones too that look like binders.
  • Options
    MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    My daughter's MOH had the same thought!  Her MOH included a few current bride's magazines as well.  My daughter was touched by the thoughtfulness and has worn the book out from cover to cover!!  The one she was given is, The Bride's Essential Wedding Planner.....by Amy Nebens.  It includes "pockets" for each chapter for the bride to throw in pictures, notecards, business cards......each section also includes detailed pages for the bride to write down specifics for each vendor interviewed to allow a side by side comparison.....it includes checklists, questions to ask vendors, blank calendars....she found it to be very user-friendly and written in a clear manner.

Your bride is lucky to have a thoughtful friend :-)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    LOVE that idea. It's so important to have guidance. So many brides just end up with opinions and nothing that they can say is more factual. Super thoughtful idea. YOU will be an awesome MOH!
  • Options
    heyimbrenheyimbren member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I gave that to my friend as an engagement gift actually.

However, do some research on the book you do pick. IMO (and the opinions of others) some actually have some very poor advice, etiquette-wise.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you ladies!! I found one, this is the website:

It's a binder/canvas zip up case with a handle. What do you think?? I'm thinking I also might just stop by borders. I was afraid I may be overwhelmed. 

Thanks for the help!!
  • Options
    ootmother2ootmother2 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    That's a great idea.

Daughter's godmother gave her the Martha Stewart Wedding planner and she loved it!  Tons of pockets to store cards, samples, etc
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards