Moms and Maids
Options

My mom is driving me nuts!

Help! I Just got engaged and at the very beginning of wedding planning, My mom's opnions matters alot to me, but she is drving me crazy! She always  has something negative to say abouit every idea i have! what can i do???

Re: My mom is driving me nuts!

• Options
    vicki0508vicki0508 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Is she paying for the wedding?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with Eddielaura,enjoy your engagement and your sparkle for a little bit :) Specially if you have alot of time b4 the wedding date and let your mom maybe know you just want to enjoy your engagement for a short while b4 the "planning" begins, but that may upset her as well.. :)

My daughter has to put me in "check" @ times no lie and she's damn good @ it (a trait she gets from me)  LOL :) but I don;t get offened or upset , well ok,  sometimes I do. I do get excited and there has been things that ruffled my feathers but @ the end of the day I have to keep reminding myself this is HER wedding, even though we R paying for most of it, I want her to have the wedding SHE has always wanted considering it's within the budget :)
  • Options
    graysquirrelgraysquirrel member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My mom wanted to dive in head first as well when I got engaged. But if she is anything close to normal, she will level off, I promise! Mine looked at BM dress pics for hours a day, but as time went on she got tired of it. As I made decisions, there was also less for her to do. If it bothers you, tell her that you are waiting a while to start your plans because you have lots of time and then change the subject. 
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the advice ladies!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards