Moms and Maids

My BFF just got engaged!!! WooHoo!

My best friend since we were in pigtails, just got engaged! She is marrying the greatest guy - after dating some 'likeables.' She asked me to be her MOH! I am through the roof excited! I got married 6 1/2 yrs ago so a lot has changed. I want her to have everything she wants - she deserves it!
Any one have any good gifts/ideas for something I can do for my newly engaged friend?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: My BFF just got engaged!!! WooHoo!

• edited December 2011
    How exciting!!

In my case it was very thoughtful because I'm the type of person who loses my keys every week and I really really don't want to lose the ring. 
  • edited December 2011
    The sweetest thing I ever saw a bridesmaid get for a bride was not a physical gift, but something she did. It was two weeks befor the wedding, the bride was freaking out (to the point of tears) about all these things she had to put together, including the OOT bags and the bridesmaid just said "That's it, you're going home to get some R&R tonight and I am picking up all the bag stuff in the morning and I'll get them back to you completely finished." Obviously that was way above and beyond the call of duty, but that's why it was so amazing.

Basically, I'm really into things that aren't so much about the things (although things are great too), whether it be a  a super sweet  congratulatory note, or a manicure for the both of you so you can get excited about things and because people will be asking to see her ring for a while.
  • KnibletKniblet member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How arty are you?  If you have known her that long, I am guessing you have lots of photos of the two of you?

Can you scrapbook at all?  I made one for my mom last year for Mother's Day.  I started with pics of her and her bump (ME) and left the last page blank.  I told her that I would finish it with a photo of the two of us from the wedding.  And I did.  It's her favorite gift ever.

You could easily do that with your friend.  Find some photos of you guys throughout the year and try to order them.  Go to Micheal's or Hobby Lobby or JoAnne's and find some background paper.  Choose cute stuff you think she would like, or themed to go with the pics.

Buy a scrapbook, your choice on size.  And it's your choice as to how many pages to use.  Find some little stickers that you can personalize it with.  Open your mind and think of her and you over the years. 

It's a sweet gift that NO ONE else can give her, since it's photos of the two of you.  And the fact that you would make it would mean even more.

Good luck to you and your friend the bride!

vacation vacation vacation vacation
    It's almost here! Weeeeeeee!
    my read shelf:
    Jaime's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    43/70 books read

Back in June 2010...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards