Moms and Maids

amazing mom

my mom has been incredible over the last 6 months helping to plan my wedding.  she's done more than i could ever have imagined.  i want to say thank you with a gift but i don't know what. any ideas?

Re: amazing mom

• trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Write her a handwritten letter telling her what she means to you, and how her love and support have brought you to this place.  This former MOG and MOB promises that that will mean more to her than anything else you could give her.  =)

If you feel compelled to give her something else (that would be in addition to the letter which you should do regardless...) get a double photo frame.  On one side put a picture of the two of you together at an earlier time in your life.  The day you were born, your baptism, your first day of school, a graduation etc.  On the other side put a note telling her that you'll be filling that side with a photo of the two of you on your wedding day.  And then be sure to have that special picture taken.

Good luck.  Your mom is lucky to have such a thoughtful DD.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_amazing-mom?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:357Discussion:309076bf-9d8f-493c-93dd-a9661f38f755Post:500480a0-09ab-45c1-a621-96ec72cbb8db">Re: amazing mom</a>:
    [QUOTE]Write her a handwritten letter telling her what she means to you, and how her love and support have brought you to this place.  This former MOG and MOB promises that that will mean more to her than anything else you could give her.  =) If you feel compelled to give her something else (that would be in addition to the letter which you should do regardless...) get a double photo frame.  On one side put a picture of the two of you together at an earlier time in your life.  The day you were born, your baptism, your first day of school, a graduation etc.  On the other side put a note telling her that you'll be filling that side with a photo of the two of you on your wedding day.  And then be sure to have that special picture taken. Good luck.  Your mom is lucky to have such a thoughtful DD.
    Posted by trix1223[/QUOTE]

This...for sure!
    My baby girl is a married woman...and now my baby girl HAS a baby girl. Time unfolds in such an amazing way. I've been blessed!
  • Meganr22Meganr22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How nice! I honestly don't know what I would do without my mom.  I hope you don't mind, I am going to do this too.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    i wrote a post VERY similar to the one that you have written just now....and i got ALOT of really great responses.....the one that i am going with is paying for a weekend at a bed and breakfast for my mom and dad.

(They take care of my alzheimers grandfather at home 24-7 and they could really use the break and time away)

So i took the suggestion of a bed and breakfast as a thank you and respite from my grandfather. They can use it and they definately deserve it!

Its about 600.00 for what im planning for them....but its well worth it as a thank you.

Depending on your money budget..if you need a cheaper alternative, it was suggested that i go to walgreens.com and make a photobook (you can get them off of other sites). Anyhow, make a photobook of all pictures from when you were a little girl with your mom/parents...up until present time with you and your mom/parents. You can personalize it to make any type of story. It only costs about 20 bucks and any mother who is willing to help you with your stuff like you say she is helping you...would love a sentimental gift like that. On the back cover or last page, you can put a picture of you and your FI and just make the page say something like,"thank you for the life that you've given me and the life that you prepared for me to have." (SOmething sweet)
    More than words.....
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards