Moms and Maids
Options

Corsages????

Do I have to give corsages to the MOB and MOG? is there any other options that I don't know about?

Re: Corsages????

• Options
    jeannigirljeannigirl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes I think that it should be done for the moms.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You could have small bouquets made for them.
  • Options
    kmmssgkmmssg mod
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    For my last DD's wedding, her biomom had a corsage, her MIL wore flowers in her hair, and I had a small nosegay because I think corsages are promish/old ladyish.  You aren't just stuck with corsages - you could ask them wha they would like.
  • Options
    bablingbrookebablingbrooke member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did corsages for the moms. 
    Courtesy of megk8oz
    "I think bablingbrooke is the 13 yr old marring her cousin at the town hall. Lets all give her a big hand. And hope her inbred children can live normal lives." -tabs.

A word of warning from your friends at Cracked.com: Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron.
  • Options
    trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For both of my kids' weddings, I carried a hammered silver tussy-mussy.  (google it)  It had a charm attached and on one side I had son and DIL's wedding date engraved, and on flip side DD and SIL's wedding date.  When youngest gets married, I'll add another charm with her date.

The florist then filled them with my flowers.  I'm with kmm-I don't like corsages.  I wouldn't have been able to wear a pin-on with either my MOG or MOB dress, and I don't like wrist corsages.  This was perfect, and gave me a beautiful keepsake of the day as well.

"Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    small nosegay for me as well....
    My baby girl is a married woman...and now my baby girl HAS a baby girl. Time unfolds in such an amazing way. I've been blessed!
  • Options
    weinbergerjjweinbergerjj member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you all so so much! That is all very helpful!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are doing small bouquets (like 3 flowers) for the moms. My mom did not want to pin flowers on her dress or wear it on her wrist, so thats what we are going with! I actually like it a lot better because then we can place them somewhere else afterwards for a decoration
  • Options
    SSBT2010SSBT2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think that you should ask them if they would like them or not.  I was planning on getting them for all 4 mother figures in our lives, but only my mother ended up wanting one, so she is the only one getting one.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards