Moms and Maids
Options

Bridesmaid Dresses

I am getting married in October and I am trying to decide on bridesmaid dresses, I know I want two different styles (one for my Maid of Honor and one for my Bridesmaid).  The thing is, my Maid of Honor is very slender and my Bridesmaid is curvy but I want them both to feel beautiful and comfortable.  Any suggestions?

Re: Bridesmaid Dresses

• Options
    KnibletKniblet member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Let them pick their own dresses.  Just give them a color and let them choose what they feel the best in.

vacation vacation vacation vacation
    It's almost here! Weeeeeeee!
    my read shelf:
    Jaime's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    43/70 books read

Back in June 2010...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ditto Knibs.

Tell them the color and length and let them pick the style of the dress.
  • Options
    BadtzMarcu217BadtzMarcu217 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

That sounds great but my MOH lives in Louisiana and my BM is here in Texas, so I don't want the dresses to be different shades.  I am terrified that one is going to show up in a sea foam green and the other in a beautiful teal!  My wedding colors are teal and taupe. Am I overreacting?  Ugh, I just want them to be the same color!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Just pick a designer and fabric type.  That way when they order the style they like in that designer it will match.
  • Options
    aerinpegadrakaerinpegadrak member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Or send them a fabric swatch/paint chip and tell them to get as close as they can.  But if the shades are slightly off, it's not really a big deal.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    cassie62708cassie62708 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Pretty much all of David's Bridals' dresses come in every shade they have so if you chose a color, fabric, and length you could let them choose their neckline and style.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards