Moms and Maids
Options

MOH Has To Bow Out

My MOH has to bow out of my wedding due to medical reasons. I totally understand.  The wedding is June 19th. We're having a small wedding with only 3 couples. Two of the couples are our children. The MOH & BM are our friends. My question is, do I replace her?

Re: MOH Has To Bow Out

• Options
    amdjellyamdjelly member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No.  This would make both your former MOH and the new MOH feel insulted.  It tells the first one that she's replaceable, and the second that she wasn't good enough to make the cut the first time.  Just have uneven sides.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    xoxobxoxob member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ugh. I feel like this needs to be my siggy.

Never ever shake your baby....or replace a bridesmaid.

NO. You cannot replace anyone in your BP.
  • Options
    KnibletKniblet member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Please don't replace her.
    vacation vacation vacation vacation
    It's almost here! Weeeeeeee!
    my read shelf:
    Jaime's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    43/70 books read

Back in June 2010...
  • Options
    dannysgirl12dannysgirl12 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I understand the whole not wanting to insult anyone. Believe me, I don't want to do that. But my dilemma is that I then won't have a MOH. The other 2 girls standing up are children. What am I supposed to do without a MOH?

• Options
    pixiedust84pixiedust84 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_moh-bow-out?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:357Discussion:38a6e517-ea59-4b6a-931e-2d90e25cdd11Post:4b6f192e-bcee-494f-8f22-854f8bf00847">Re: MOH Has To Bow Out</a>:
    [QUOTE]I understand the whole not wanting to insult anyone. Believe me, I don't want to do that. But my dilemma is that I then won't have a MOH. The other 2 girls standing up are children. What am I supposed to do without a MOH?
    Posted by dannysgirl12[/QUOTE]

You're supposed to get married to the love of your life!! It sucks that your MOH won't be there and it's sad for her but in no way does it affect your ability to get married! Don't replace her - it will cause hurt feelings all around.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    lca315girllca315girl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_moh-bow-out?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:357Discussion:38a6e517-ea59-4b6a-931e-2d90e25cdd11Post:4b6f192e-bcee-494f-8f22-854f8bf00847">Re: MOH Has To Bow Out</a>:
    [QUOTE]What am I supposed to do without a MOH?
    Posted by dannysgirl12[/QUOTE]

Marry the love of your life. It'll suck that your MOH won't be up there, but I don't think a guest is going to think you're insane for having one of your younger attendants hold your bouquet or anything else that a MOH may do during a ceremony.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic White Knot
  • Options
    KnibletKniblet member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Honor her in the program.  Your marriage WILL happen, MOH or not.  She is not going to stop the wedding by not being there.
    vacation vacation vacation vacation
    It's almost here! Weeeeeeee!
    my read shelf:
    Jaime's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    43/70 books read

Back in June 2010...
  • Options
    pokepoke27pokepoke27 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Definitely honor her in the program. 
    You know your family and friends better than anyone on this website. If you know for an absolute fact that no one will get their feelings hurt by you replacing her, then go ahead. However, if you know that your friends/family members would be upset/insulted by this, then please just do yourself a favor and go without.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I would ask one of the children to hold your bouquet, and honor your MOH in the program. I would also ask a close friend to be the one to sign the marriage license for you, since your younger bridal party won't be able to.

Then, I would just have uneven sides. There is nothing wrong with wanting a friend (adult) to help you get ready and everything, so if you have another close friend, just ask that person to get ready with you, and include her in things. No need to replace your missing MOH.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    CA2MT4EveRCA2MT4EveR member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_moh-bow-out?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:357Discussion:38a6e517-ea59-4b6a-931e-2d90e25cdd11Post:b858319b-32b3-4067-ade9-b1548bffeff9">Re: MOH Has To Bow Out</a>:
    [QUOTE]Definitely honor her in the program.  You know your family and friends better than anyone on this website. <strong>If you know for an absolute fact that no one will get their feelings hurt by you replacing her, then go ahead</strong>. However, if you know that your friends/family members would be upset/insulted by this, then please just do yourself a favor and go without.
    Posted by pokepoke27[/QUOTE]

I disagree.  Under no circumstance should anyone be replaced.  That feeling totally sucks, for all parties involved.

If you are worried about not getting a bridal shower or a bachelorette party, well, not everyone gets those.  You never know, a friend may step in and take control over those parties.  This is what happens when people want children as their attendants.
    dont make ur password so easy. gbck2CA2 hahahaha
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards