Moms and Maids
Options

Bridesmaids Gifts

I am trying to pick gifts that are both trendy and unique. My friends have given me vera bradley bags and tiffany necklaces for being in their weddings. I want to do something different but that they'll love as well! I need help. Thanks.

Re: Bridesmaids Gifts

• Options
    trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    WP gifts should not be matchy-matchy nor should they be wedding related.  The best advice given on these boards is to shop for your friends, not your WP.

If it was their birthday, what would you get them?  Think of the person, not the position.  Some women love Vera Bradley bags.  Some would immediately donate them to their local used clothing drive.

Thinking that a single piece of jewelry will appeal to all of your WP is just unrealistic.  I love bracelets.  My DD never, ever wears them.

And anything that is for use in your wedding:  jewelry that you are requiring them to wear; shoes; hair and/or makeup; is not a gift for your WP.  It's a gift for you to create the image that you have of your wedding day. 

Make a list of each friend.  Next to it write what she likes to do or have.  Now go shopping.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ditto trix, listen to her.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards