Moms and Maids

Re: w

• Options
    edited December 2011
    It sounds like they have some issues that only became apparent over time.  Some people are like that.  they put up a big wonderful front, but over time it cracks.  My family (as a child) is like that.  On the surface it looks like the Brady Bunch, but once you get into it...not so much.

All you can do is to make ABSOLUTELY sure that nothing you say or write is anything other than kind. Smile and be sweet no matter what.  Don't put your husband in the middle...if he decides to do so it MUST be his decision.  I know that people say that your husband should be willing to abandon his family for you...but that is a lot to ask.  I work with abused and neglected children, and I will tell you that no matter what is done to them,they never stop hoping that things will change.  If YOU force him to choose, it may come back to haunt him.

My husband has put up with this for years, because he knows that I had to make the decision.  I tried so hard right up to the week before my only daughters wedding, when they finally said they weren't coming because I had not complied with their "demands" and because they were offended that I addressed the inner envelope with their names instead of Grandma and Grandpa.  Now, I'm done.  So, slow yes, and it meant Gary had to put up with the drama for 29 years.

Support him...it will mean more than you know.
    My baby girl is a married woman...and now my baby girl HAS a baby girl. Time unfolds in such an amazing way. I've been blessed!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I wish I could tell you that there was hope, but I can't.  Each situation is so different.  All I can tell you to do is to keep being the best human being that you can be...and then hope for the best.  These things have usually broken long before the new person showed up!
    My baby girl is a married woman...and now my baby girl HAS a baby girl. Time unfolds in such an amazing way. I've been blessed!
  • Options
    tommyandytommyandy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Unfortunately, it sounds like you are stuck with the MIL from all of those jokes.  
    Is it possible SIL is so wrapped up in her personal drama, that she is totally unaware of how she comes across?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards