Moms and Maids
Options

delete posting

Re: delete posting

• Options
    edited December 2011
    If it says no cancellations, then you are probably stuck. If you never signed the agreement, then you may have a case. I would first try to go through your credit/debit card company to stop payment on the dress. If that doesn't work, then you might want to call the Better Business Bureau for your area.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm not so sure cost-wise what the practical or cost difference would be between a "special occasion" dress and a "bridesmaid" dress, so I'm not so sure how deceptive the store really was.  If you saw the dress, liked it, and then agreed to order it at that price, then you're kind of stuck, IMO, unless what they ordered for you is different than what you agreed to buy.  It's like me hypothetically getting a dress at Nordstrom's knowing when I bought it that I couldn't take it back, and then finding the exact same dress later on sale at Macy's and getting upset because I paid more and I was stuck with it.

Maybe I'm missing something (and if I am, please come back to explain), but I don't think the shop is responsible for you not doing your homework prior to making what sounds like an expensive purchase.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Dammit, I should have quoted. What a silly DD for a MOB to do.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, I know, MissySue.  Maybe she didn't like what I said?  I wasn't trying to be mean, I just didn't get what the problem was.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_cancel-dress-order?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:357Discussion:4f1ac935-8129-47e1-90b4-eef58c5d8216Post:f8eb8750-ca91-449e-a1b2-1f472a678884">Re: delete posting</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yeah, I know, MissySue.  Maybe she didn't like what I said?  I wasn't trying to be mean, I just didn't get what the problem was.
    Posted by marinabreeze[/QUOTE]

I can't remember for sure. But it went something like this: she had bought his MOB dress at a bridal shop only to find out later that is was really a bridesmaid dress. She said the store had a no return policy. But she hadn't signed the stores agreement/slip, only the credit card receipt. She was asking for advice on how she could go about canceling the order.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for letting me know that, Retread. I personally haven't dealt with the BBB, but have known people who have said it was just a big waste of time.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards