Moms and Maids

Inexpensive Mothers Dress

I'm a bride on a bugdet, and my mom has an even smaller budget than I. She wants an inexpensive mother of bride dress, and by inexpensive she is thinking around $80, which seems to be impossible.

Does anyone have any advice on where to look for nice dresses this cheap? or in the $100 range?

Thanks in advance!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Inexpensive Mothers Dress

• edited December 2011
    Try jcpenney.com   Don't forget to check under the clearance and outlet (type outlet in the search bar).

Check out Macys clearance, too.

Consignment shops, around here, sell nice designer dresses for bargain prices. You could try that.

David's bridal has an online outlet, too.

Your local, favorite department store probably has some good bargains, if you check out the clearance racks.

Good luck

• Wicked515Wicked515 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm in the same situation. I told my Mom to go to nice consignment shops. I know of a few in her area that have formal wear. Depending on how formal your wedding is, she could shop at Macy's, T.J. Maxx, Marshall's, etc. 
  • graysquirrelgraysquirrel member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Do you have a Burlington nearby? I've purchased dresses at department stores & boutiques only to see the exact same thing on discount at Burlington days later. A lot of BMs find dresses at Target-- maybe your mom could find something there, too?
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    I'm not sure what kind of stuff your mom likes to wear, but if she can't find one she wants to buy in her price range, maybe she could rent something from renttherunway.com. 
  • edited December 2011
    My mom is going to a department store (Macys or Dillards).  Try shopping the holiday sales, you can normally find some good deals around Memorial Day and if you call the stores they will tell you when the next sales on formal dresses will be.  Good luck!
  • kitty02katkitty02kat member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Davids Bridal also has an outlet/clearance section on their website... My friend's mom went in and tried on a dress in a different color and went online to the outlet and got the same dress in a similar color for cheap!  Totally off subject- well kinda- but what a crock that MOB dresses are $200 and $300 bucks!  What a rip!  I was SHOCKED when I saw that!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards