Options

PLEASE DELETE!

DELETE THIS THREAD PLEASE 

Re: PLEASE DELETE!

• Options
    vixeyvixey member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just out of curiosity, how old are you and your friends?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    mandi921vhmandi921vh member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    IMO I think it is incredibly rude to assume you are someone's BM or MOH.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    orangecrush32orangecrush32 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with mandi. Assuming you are in the bridal party, let alone the MOH is rude. If you want her to be a BM, then ask her to be a BM and if she has a problem with that she'll either have to deal or you'll lose a friend. And if you lose the friend, she probably wan't worth being your friend anyway.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Step #1:  Grow a backbone

Step #2:  use it to tell your "friend" that you have a MOH.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    Cynthia1207Cynthia1207 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That choice is yours and yours alone.  Taylor has no say in who is the MOH and if she can't handle it and cuts you off, she's not a real friend.
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    tldhtldh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_maid-of-honor-issues?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:357Discussion:52f2fe41-0ebb-49ca-8a6b-ef2c25a253a3Post:50a69873-68a7-4d3b-9fe3-d9b7a05b355d">Maid of Honor issues help!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey everyone,  I asked my long time best friend Amanda to be my maid of honor, however my other best friend Taylor who I have only known a year wants to be my maid of honor and I don't know how to say no especially since Taylor was not asked to be the maid of honor in her old best friends wedding. I am just worried that she is going to feel really hurt and cut me off as a friend like she did with her other friend.  I don't have a clue how to tell her.. help!  Tara
    Posted by tlemieux[/QUOTE]

First Tara, please change your screen name.  It's too easy to find you and there are people out there who will do this and seriously mess with your wedding, job, etc.

Second, nothing in this post is how a grown adult behaves.  Why is Taylor a best friend if she is this childish and manipulative?  Don't talk about the wedding with her and if she asks again, tell her that the WP has been picked.  Don't apologize or explain. If she drops you as a friend over something this petty, I think you'd be better off without her in your life.  Having dropped a toxic best friend in the past, I speak from experience here.
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_maid-of-honor-issues?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:357Discussion:52f2fe41-0ebb-49ca-8a6b-ef2c25a253a3Post:50a69873-68a7-4d3b-9fe3-d9b7a05b355d">Maid of Honor issues help!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey everyone, <strong> I asked my long time best friend Amanda to be my maid of honor, however my other best friend Taylor who I have only known a year wants to be my maid of honor and I don't know how to say no especially since Taylor was not asked to be the maid of honor in her old best friends wedding.</strong> I am just worried that she is going to feel really hurt and cut me off as a friend like she did with her other friend.  I don't have a clue how to tell her.. help!  Tara
    Posted by tlemieux[/QUOTE]

<div>This sounds like junior high. My advice is to be an adult and not to worry about what happened to your new BFF's old BFF.</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    first of all, its your decision who plays what role in your wedding. She should never assume she is going to be your MOH. You need to tell her she isn't and if you want her to be a BM, then by all means ask her that.

June 2012 December Siggy Challenge: Favorite Things about Christmas image
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio Updated 10/24/2011
  • Options
    graysquirrelgraysquirrel member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you've only been friends for a year, she should understand your desire to give your oldest friend the place of honor. If she can't deal with this and breaks off the relationship, then that is not a friend and isn't someone worth honoring. 

Photobucket
  • Options
    LD1970LD1970 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Delete this thread and make an entirely new account with a new username.
    You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough. ~Mae West
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards