Moms and Maids

Re: closed

• zitiqueenzitiqueen member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_pregnant-procrastinating-maid?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:357Discussion:65ff640d-5f3e-4313-ae1f-d24f606acf84Post:0c7faebc-0a12-45f8-9b2d-788dc8b56dc9">Pregnant Procrastinating Maid..</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have asked one of my fiance's sisters to be a bridesmaid and about 2 months after,  she found out she was pregnant but assured me she still wanted to be in the wedding even though she is due a month before the wedding.  With that being said, i have spoken with her twice now about getting measured within the past two months so i dont think im being too pushy but it just seems like she keeps putting it off.  I still want her in the WP but am worried shes having second thoughts which i would completely understand with the baby on the way and i could still keep her involved with everything if she wanted but i've even had her mom and sister mention to her that she needs to think about going soon too and she got mad at them for talking to her about it...just need some advice as to if i should just leave it alone or talk to her and see if she's having doubts about being in the wedding and trying to juggle having a newborn and whatnot, hopefully someone has been in this situation that may be able to help give some pointers!! 
    Posted by KandAP87[/QUOTE]
  • edited December 2011
    What's the big hurry? Your wedding is 7 months away and you started reminding her 2 months ago to get fitted. And her mom and sister are pestering her, too.

She is probably not having doubts about being in your wedding party, but if you bring it up, she will probably think you are having doubts about wanting her. So don't mention it to her.

If you have chosen the dresses already, find out the last day for ordering. Give that info to your FSIL and then back off. She is an adult and can make a fitting appointment on her own. If she doesn't get her dress on time, then she won't walk down the aisle for your wedding. It's that simple.

• edited December 2011
    Yeah, we're ordering in July for my October wedding. Plenty of time.
    meet annie! rescued 6.17.12 imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • AdeleDazeemAdeleDazeem member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you considered that maybe getting measured is a bit pointless?  She's pregnant, meaning she's growing a bit.  Your wedding is one month after she gives birth.  How is she supposed to know what size she's going to be then?  No measuring now is going to tell her that.

I think you need to be flexible.  Find out the last day you can order the dress and let her know.  The ball is in her court.  Let her get a dress when she's good and ready.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_pregnant-procrastinating-maid?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:357Discussion:65ff640d-5f3e-4313-ae1f-d24f606acf84Post:53382904-e9ec-4d8f-a212-590351e10725">Re: Pregnant Procrastinating Maid..</a>:
    [QUOTE]Have you considered that maybe getting measured is a bit pointless?  She's pregnant, meaning she's growing a bit.  Your wedding is one month after she gives birth.  How is she supposed to know what size she's going to be then?  [/QUOTE]

This.
  • RebeccaB88RebeccaB88 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    Have you ever considered using punctuation?

Oh... stop bugging her.  If she gets it, she gets it.  If not, she's a guest. 
  • KnibletKniblet member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    GAH!

Why do they keep deleting and putting CLOSED??
    vacation vacation vacation vacation
    It's almost here! Weeeeeeee!
    my read shelf:
    Jaime's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    43/70 books read

Back in June 2010...
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_pregnant-procrastinating-maid?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:357Discussion:65ff640d-5f3e-4313-ae1f-d24f606acf84Post:87493553-e3f2-486f-86f3-72256ad38fc6">Re: closed</a>:
    [QUOTE]GAH! Why do they keep deleting and putting CLOSED??
    Posted by Kniblet[/QUOTE]

Because they think we will obey their orders - of course not realizing that doing this draws us like moths to a light.
    Proud to be an old married hag!! image
  • barbie92barbie92 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_pregnant-procrastinating-maid?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:357Discussion:65ff640d-5f3e-4313-ae1f-d24f606acf84Post:b144881a-2e5d-48b4-b104-33ea8faf28d0">Re: closed</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: closed : Because they think we will obey their orders - of course not realizing that doing this draws us like moths to a light.
    Posted by GoodLuckBear14[/QUOTE]
    **like**
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    image Robby James born 2.24.12 @ 23 weeks due to preterm labor
    Remembering Robby
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards