Moms and Maids
Options

Friend is Bridezilla(dress help))

I just got told recently that I need to shorten the dress for my friends wedding. It was just below the knees, but now she wants it to be 1 to 2 inches above the knees. Now I am the largest girl in the wedding party and I have horrible veins all over my legs. I'm  not huge, but had to go up 4 dress sizes for this dress cus' its form fitting. I'm already really uncomfortable with the dress and now I have to show my legs! I am so afraid I will ruin her pictures I don't want to complain but I'm really concerned that is what will happen. What should I do?!??!?!?

Re: Friend is Bridezilla(dress help))

• Options
    lharri12lharri12 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    :(  That sucks.  Could you talk to your friend about it and tell her you are already uncomfortable in the dress and would be even more uncomfortable making it any shorter?  If she's a good friend, she'll understand.  If you are embarrassed to bring this up to her, maybe you could compromise and just shorten it a little more without making it 1-2 inches above the knees.  But don't worry, no matter what happens you won't ruin her pictures!!  You are her friend, and she wants you up there with her.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Tell her that you cannot wear a dress that short.  Compromise and see if at the knee would be ok with her but that's as short as you're willing to go.  She needs to understand that you need to be comfortable too.  It will NOT ruin her pictures if your dress if one to two inches longer than the other BM.

ETA:  If she doesn't agree then I would just do it the way I want and not tell her.  There's not much she can do about it the day of the wedding.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would let her know, if she is a true friend she will put aside her bridezilla tendencies and will want you to be comfortable at the wedding.

I agree with Jagore, I doubt she goes into full bridezilla mode on her wedding day over your dress length.

If she does then she probably is not really thinking about the reason why she is really there to get married.

• Options
    aerinpegadrakaerinpegadrak member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just don't do it.  If her priorities are straight the day of the wedding, she won't notice.  If she does, then you know that she's completely BSC and probably not much of a friend.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    pixiedust84pixiedust84 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Agreed PP's! I'm sure she won't even notice. I would talk to her and just explain but if she goes all Bridezilla on you then just don't shorten it. I'm sure she won't notice and even if she does she'll be too caught up in newly wedded bliss to care :-)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I second everyone else... if she's a good friend, which I'm assuming she is because you're in her wedding, she will probably understand why you don't want it shortened.

If all else fails could you wear hose with the dress??  I know a lot of women hate hose so maybe it's not an option for you, but maybe they would make you feel more confident showing your legs.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would wear hose however our shoes at thong sandals. I am going to just get it up to the top of my knee and thats all the higher I am willing to go. Honestly if she has a fit over this then I just won't be in the wedding. Its getting ridiculous, first all the same hair style then same shoes (which I understand), and then the dress thing. I'm just over this whole wedding, and wish I would have never been asked to be MOH.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My grandfather used to tell me...you shouldn't lie, but you don't have to tell everything you know......Innocent
    My baby girl is a married woman...and now my baby girl HAS a baby girl. Time unfolds in such an amazing way. I've been blessed!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I hope your friend is paying for the matching shoes and the matching hairstyles.  She sounds like a peach!
    imageAnniversary

RIP Dr. Irving Fishman - 10/1/19-7/25/10 - thank you for holding on for me.
    You made my wedding day complete.
  • Options
    melissamc2melissamc2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree that she should take your comfort and comfort level into account. 

I guess you could ask her where SHE is willing to compromise this, as well as where you are.  If the length being the same is her biggest concern, then is she willing to let you go with other shoes that would allow for supportive nude Spanx stockings that would smooth things out and hide any veins that are obvious.  It the shoes are the bigger concern, then she'll have to give on the length of the dress to make you more at ease with the leg/shoe situation.

Brides really should care enough about their friends to let them have a LOT of say in clothing they are purchasing and agreeing to wear to to celebrate someone else's big day.

I really hope  she'll come around and ease up on things.  Good luck!
    10-10-10
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards