Moms and Maids
Options

Bridesmaid trouble....

One of my bridesmaids is going to school to become a wedding planner. She has been trying to change the colors i picked for my wedding and has been saying i should bake cookies as my favors which is going to be way to much work for 150 ppl. Also the wedding cake comes with the reception place and she thinks i should spend more money and get it somewhere else which im not gonna do cause me and my fiance are not cake ppl to begin with. How do i tell her to back off??

Re: Bridesmaid trouble....

• Options
    AutumnFairAutumnFair member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh man. Just tell her thanks for the suggestions but you are already set on certain things. Sometimes you just have to put on the happy face when she gives all these suggestions to you and telling her that you will keep that in mind when making decisions. But yeah, some girls just love planning stuff (specially weddings), hopefully she will get a clue that most of her suggestions are going to go by the way side and maybe she will calm down a bit. 
  • Options
    trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You say "That's an interesting suggestion.  I'll certainly consider it."  Then you consider it on your time, decide against it, and do what you want.

If she brings it up again, say "Yes, I did consider that, but decided to stick with my original plan."  Then bean dip her.  ("And by the way, have you tried this bean dip?  It's just scrumptious.")
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    lalap69lalap69 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you don't talk to her about the wedding, she can't criticize your decisions.  Whenever she tries to talk about the wedding, just change the subject.

That sounds really annoying. :-/  Hopefully she gets a grip!
    Planning Our Wedding - Updated 04/11/11
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    "If you can't think of something nice to say, don't say something nice" - Stephen Colbert
  • Options
    DaisyLOVE9311DaisyLOVE9311 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    she prob thinks she is being helpful, explain to her why it bugs you, a good friend will back off.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards