Moms and Maids
Options

Bridesmaid Jewelry

Trying to find reasonably priced jewelry for my bridesmaids... I've got 6, plus 2 junior bridesmaids and a flower girl!  Any suggestions??

Re: Bridesmaid Jewelry

• Options
    edited December 2011
    It's actually pretty popular to let your bridesmaids pick their own jewelry that suits their own styles. But if you do want them all the same, it's good that you're planning on paying for them since they might not wear them again. I bought these for my BMs, they all have the same dress but different colors (which they picked), so I was able to get these in colors that match their dresses. I also got them when they were on sale for 50% off a while ago. http://tinyurl.com/25t6vzt
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got mine at kohls.com (they have different stuff online than they do in the stores) and I found them on sale plus I had a 30% off coupon. I would also hit up the dept stores esp when they have sales. Believe it or not, I have also seen jewerly at Michael's, but I didn't really check out the quality to see if it was realy cheapie looking or anything.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Try Etsy.com.  Its all handmade items from all over. There is lots of really pretty stuff that you can find for a very reasonable price.  Its actually where I am planning on buying some of my accessories as well as necklaces for my bridesmaids.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    you could try http://www.jessicaswedding.com

They have cute bridesmaid's jewelry sets for around $15-30
  • Options
    trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just let them choose their own jewelry.  It's easier on you and better for them.  Here's a reality check:  do you remember what jewelry the WP was wearing at the last 6 weddings you've attended?  Probably not.  Because no one, except for the bride really cares about such things.

Bridesmaids don't have to be Stepford matchy-matchy.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    aerinpegadrakaerinpegadrak member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have no idea what jewelry my bridesmaids wore.  It's such a tiny detail that it barely showed up in the pictures.  I don't think any of them actually came to me asking about their jewelry, they just wore what they thought would match the dresses.  Turned out fine, one less thing for me to worry about.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It may sound funny, but try Wal-Mart or Target.

Seriously!

When my sister was looking for our bridesmaid jewelry she looked EVERYWHERE, but found that everything was just too expensive.  As a last resort, she went to Wal-Mart and found very inexpensive, but pretty jewelry.  You don't really have to worry about it tarnishing or getting ruined because they only have to wear them for like, a day anyway.  She picked all rhinestone necklaces that were really shiny and pretty, really stood out.

Just a suggestion :) It can be tough to find nice stuff at cheapo places.  But it's always worth a try if you can save some serious bank.
    panther
  • Options
    jessshireyjessshirey member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i hope that you are not giving jewelry to them as their gift. I've been in several weddings and that is what the brides have always given me. I don't think i've ever  worn the jewelry, I got it ever again. It never seems to match anything I think you should let them pick there own and be more creative with their gifts.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm going with engraved lockets for my flower girls and vintage style brooches for my BM's- they can pin them to their dresses and wear the again on purses or blazers or scarves. Each is different based on the friend- style wise.

things remembered for silver or anything engraved.

GL
  • Options
    greinburggreinburg member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I actually got my bridesmaids jewelry at walmart and its very pretty. Necklace and earring set for $10.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards