Moms and Maids

Matron of Honor and issues

So I have a matron of honor that does not know if she will have any one to watch her son the day of my wedding and has told me that she would "just bring him"....her sone will be 3, I am very worried about it there are no children at my reception and I have nicely mentioned it and she still isn't getting the point.....can somebody please help ?

Re: Matron of Honor and issues

• AutumnFairAutumnFair member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    <div><div style="font-family:Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:10px;background-color:initial;background-image:none;background-attachment:initial;background-origin:initial;background-clip:initial;color:#1f1f1f;font:normal normal normal 11px/14px Arial, sans-serif;text-align:left;line-height:normal;">In Response to <a style="text-decoration:none;font-weight:normal;color:#1f1f1f;" href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_matron-of-honor-issues?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:357Discussion:76895422-12bd-4b9f-93e8-d984d429f44ePost:a4e97308-6c87-45a0-b0f1-20f57c6ab507">Matron of Honor and issues</a>:
    [QUOTE]So I have a matron of honor that does not know if she will have any one to watch her son the day of my wedding and has told me that she would "just bring him"....her sone will be 3, I am very worried about it there are no children at my reception and I have nicely mentioned it and she still isn't getting the point.....can somebody please help ?
    Posted by Fdembalmer[/QUOTE]
    </div></div><div>
    </div>Ditto to awick.<div>
    </div><div>I understand that you want a no children reception but if your MOH can't find or afford a sitter or if she is OoT I can see why your MOH is having problems. So like awick said, help her find a sitter she is comfortable with, let the child come, or be prepared for your MOH to back out (and don't replace her if she does). </div>
  • awick14awick14 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The only thing I can think of is to try and help her find a sitter that she is comfortable with. But in the end you will have to dicide which is more important; your maid of honor being there or not.
    The most beautiful things in the world are not seen nor touched. They are felt with the heart. -- Helen Keller Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • orangecrush32orangecrush32 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto pp. There's not much you can do. There are 3 options and you won't like two of them. ;) I hope you get it worked out though. :)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Simply FatedSimply Fated member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Why can't she find someone? Is it a destination wedding?
  • Catwoman708Catwoman708 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well, help her find a sitter, either elsewhere or AT the wedding/reception. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards