Moms and Maids
Options

FMIL present- opinions please

I've only met my FMIL about 5 times and my FI is very bad at coming up with ideas for gifts. HOWEVER, I do stained glass work and was considering making her a stained glass of a Kokopelli (which i know she collects)
I can honestly say I would be very upset (on the inside) if she didn't appreciate the gift after putting all the hours into making it.  However, I don't just want to get her a gift card like FI suggested.

Do I play it safe or take a risk with the gift?

Re: FMIL present- opinions please

• Options
    lynxbbgirllynxbbgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think you should make her a gift and not think of it as a "risk". If this is something that you are able to do, it would be so much better to get a hand made gist (that I'm guessing you are very good at) vs. something bought in the store that anyone can buy. Put your heart into it, and I'm sure it will be amazing and she will love it! Hope this helps!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with the PP, anything from the heart is pricless, and says I  truely thought of you!  I am sure she will be touched, shocked ( in a good way) and so glad you took your time to thank her in that fahsion! Specially if you only have met her 5 times!....... Men, what do they know when it comes to stuff like this :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
     I think your idea of making her something is such a sweet idea. If you have a talent (which it sounds like you do,) than use it! I know I would appreciate it if someone spent hours making ne a homemade gift. Plus, this is something she will have forever, rather than a giftcard that you spend. Homemade gifts are the best and really show that you care. I say do it!!Laughing
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Agreed, definitely make it :) How could she not love it?!
    She's always wanted to be a princess and he's always wanted to be a hero; as fate would now have it, she is his princess and he is her hero *Semper Fi* Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Totaly think you should make it!  I bet if you make her the kokopelli (which I have no clue what that is) it'll be her most treasured one! 

"Faith Hope and Love are some good things he gave us, and the greatest is Love"
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards