Moms and Maids
Options

Shower Games

Hey ladies!

My friend's shower is next month and we are trying to get some games together for the shower.  The venue specifically stated that they didn't want us doing the toilet paper bride game (darn!) and the only other thing we  had was bridal bingo, which we aren't nuts about.  Any other ideas would be appreicated - thanks!

Re: Shower Games

• Options
    morainemommorainemom member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I made up one for my daughter's bridal shower called Project Runway Fashion Show.
    I bought PR cardboard paper dolls at Michaels and Joann Fabrics.  I think made gowns of all lengths and styles.  I had accessories as well - veils, gloves, shoes, boots, etc.

Each table was given a doll and a bag of gowns and accessories.  They had 10 minutes to create an outfit that they thought my daughter would wear as her wedding gown.

It was a huge hit and the results were pretty fun - my 7- & 80 year old Aunts took pom poms and stuffed the bra of their model's gown!

Another game that we did:  we had a timer and as my duaghter was opening gifts, when the timer went off, whoever's present she was opening got a prize.

We also had several gift baskets and everyone was given a ticket - they put their name on the ticket and put in a glass for the gift basket they would like to win.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I went to a shower where they did a "All about the bride" game. They split everyone into 3 teams. The bride filled out a 10 question questionnaire. Whatever team guessed the correct answer to the question got 5 points. At the end the points were tallied up.

example: "what is the bride's favorite desert? A. Apple pie  B. Chocolate chip cookies C. Marble cake  D. Strawberry cheesecake"

Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    At one wedding shower, we split up into teams and played  pictionary with wedding related words. My family also has shower/birthday party tradition of guessing the amount of candy in a jar, and the closest person wins all the candy.
  • Options
    aerinpegadrakaerinpegadrak member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm a fan of the one where each person is given a necklace, and a list of wedding-related words is declared off-limits.  If a person is caught saying one of the words, they lose all the necklaces they currently have to the person that caught them.  The person with the most necklaces at the end of the shower is declared the winner and given a small prize.  It's fun, but not obtrusive.  The best shower I ever attended was one where this was the only game.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the ideas!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I played one at my shower that was a ton of fun. 

The host cut out bridal gown models from bridal magazines and then glued just the face of a celebrity on it.  (They were on cardstock too, so they weren't too flimsey).  They numbered all the little celebrity brides and we had to try and guess who they all were.  Snooki, J Lo, Carrie Underwood, Martha Stewart, and Kate Hudson all made an appearance.  You got 1 point for the right answer and a half point if you only knew the show they were on (like "that Grey's Anatomy Girl")
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    graysquirrelgraysquirrel member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was at a shower where the host made a list of items like tissues, lipstick, midol, hand sanitizer, checkbook, condoms, etc. She then gave everyone a stack of coins. If you had the item in your purse that she read off, you got it out and threw one of the coins in the circle. The person with the least coins in the end won.

We also played one with the same coins where we went around the circle and had to say things we'd never done, just like the drinking game. If you had done it, you put in a coin. We had lots of fun trying to figure out ways to win, and it doesn't have to get dirty at all if you don't want it to.
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards