Mistake?

Re: Mistake?

• Options
    PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

Learn to deal with it.  Sorry.

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Please don't fire her. Your BM's are not required to be involved in your wedding planning. You and your FI are responsible for your own wedding planning. She has a life, too and it is a busy time of year for most people. If she offers to help, that is fine, but she is not required nor should you ask her to do anything for you.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    What are you asking her to do?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Sorry.  You're stuck.  Nothing you can do here, so you've just gotta suck it up and deal with it.
    imageAnniversary

RIP Dr. Irving Fishman - 10/1/19-7/25/10 - thank you for holding on for me.
    You made my wedding day complete.
  • Options
    vixeyvixey member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's the downside of picking a bridal party when your wedding is still more than a year away.  You can't kick her out for not "being involved" in the planning.  Despite what a lot of brides seem to think, bridesmaids are actually not required to do anything except buy their dress and show up on the right day. 

Ditto PPs, what exactly are you asking her to do?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    aerinpegadrakaerinpegadrak member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Deal with it, and learn to manage your own expectations.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    jemmini6jemmini6 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_mistake?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:357Discussion:94595bde-222e-432b-a5e8-d7fcb941a5abPost:0b5a0c1d-c8c4-450b-b593-9b33c762ffd1">Mistake?</a>:
    [QUOTE]So I asked a girl to be a bridesmaid but since she was picked she has been a huge pain.  Not wanting to do anything involved with the wedding and such...can I tell her shes out?  Or just deal with it?
    Posted by mandy1122[/QUOTE]

My wedding is just 2 weeks before yours, so I'm curious...exactly what do you expect your BM to be doing for you at this point?  Honestly, my bridesmaids really only know the date and that's it.   They are not required to do ANYTHING for your wedding other than buy the dress and show up so I'm really confused as to why you would be kicking someone out of your wedding already??
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards