Moms and Maids
Options

Sensitive MOH

So..... I asked my sister to be my MOH despite the fact that I have two best friends that wanted the job and she lives a few hours away. I guess I thought it would be a good way to show her how much she means to me.

Anyway, she called me last week and was (crying and) upset that I wasn't involving her in the wedding planning. The problem is that she lives two hours away and there's not much planning going on now (8 mos away).  I need ideas of ways to make her feel involved.

Re: Sensitive MOH

• Options
    jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just tell her that you're really not doing too much for the wedding right now.  Did you guys pick BM dresses already?  If not, ask her to take a look at dresses and let you know what kind she likes.  Have you decided on your jewelry?  Maybe ask her opinion.  It's really nice that even though she lives a couple of hours away she still wants to help.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    karenwjackmkarenwjackm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've asked both my sisters to be in our wedding and they live 3 and 4 hours away.  They have gone online to view dresses, we chat on the phone about once a week to talk about how things are going, and I just generally ask for their opinions to let them be involved.  Just reach out to her and ask her opinion on things to keep her involved even if she can't always physically be there.
    As my fiance is fond of saying, "Just Relax....."
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My MOH lives 45 minutes away. She really hasn't helped with anything but that's cause I haven't asked anyone yet for much. Ask her for theme ideas if you don't have one, or ideas on colors if you don't have those picked, maybe opinions on flowers, dresses, invitations, favor ideas, maybe have your mom call her and ask her for help looking for a dress for her. You are 8 months out. I was scrambling 8 months out thinking of ideas. (I wanted a nice calm before the wedding which I have achieved and it's 2 months away.)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    ecuchikaecuchika member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My MOH lives 4 hours away.  We have gone dress shopping when I go visit her (she doesn't come her as much as I go there b/c she lives where the rest of my family lives where I grew up) The best way we chat and look at dresses and TK is by skype a free webcamm chat program.  There is a share screen feature with a built in camera and you can look at the other persons screen as well as send messages like links.  I would have her go look a dresses with you next time your around her.
  • Options
    lilcasserslilcassers member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    MOH isn't a "job" so maybe it would have been a better move to choose a friend that you are closest to.

Maybe have her research some stuff for you?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards