My Fiance and I were engaged about 3 weeks ago. We've been playing around with wedding dates and decidedon December 17th which works best for most of our guest but most importantly, for us and our work schedule.
His mother is upset because his cousin will be unable to attend if we choose that date. She is upset and now giving him the silent treatment because it's really not convenient for us to explore alternate dates.
I would like to keep her involved as my own mother passed away and I don't have anyone to help me with wedding but I don't see the point of inconveniencing 98% of our guests for 2% who can't attend.
Because of this, he is dragging his feet with setting the firm date and I am highly frustrated. I want to send out our save the dates and start booking venues but can't do anything until he is prepared to talk to his mother on this.
I would but, I don't think it is my place to do so.