Moms and Maids

Future Sister In Law

My Fiances sister and I don't have the greatest relationship. Should I ask her to be one of my bridesmaids? I don't want to hurt her feelings by not asking but I would prefer she not be a bridesmaid.

Re: Future Sister In Law

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_future-sister-law?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:357Discussion:9e5fa80d-37a1-4601-a35e-d5b3eddc604aPost:fb093f8c-7bae-4bfe-b93b-8fed16457a81">Future Sister In Law</a>:
    [QUOTE]My Fiances sister and I don't have the greatest relationship. Should I ask her to be one of my bridesmaids? I don't want to hurt her feelings by not asking but I would prefer she not be a bridesmaid.
    Posted by Shadow18[/QUOTE]

You don't have an obligation to ask her, your bp should consist of the people nearest and dearest to you.

Just beware that some families don't take this well so you may have to deal with that.

Also if your fi wants his sister in it, you can always suggest she stands up on his side.  Grooms Women are becoming very popular these days.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    282image Invited to celebrate!
    208image Will be Dancing the night away!
    74image Won't be having any fun
    0image are giving me a major headache

• edited December 2011
    Ditto jill.
  • edited December 2011
    I absolutely don't think you need to ask her, but I want to add that it might be nice to include her in some things in the interest of having a good relationship going forward.  If you are getting your nails done before the wedding, ask her to come along, stuff like that. 
  • McKenna2012McKenna2012 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you don't have a good relationship, I wouldn't ask her. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards