Moms and Maids
Options

parent's gifts?

Hi, I don't post a lot (although I've lurked for awhile).  Our wedding is just over 3 months away, and I'm trying to figure out what in the world to get for parent's gifts?  I know both our parent's would like pictures, so after the wedding we're going to make them an album with wedding pictures.  But I wanted to give them something at the rehearsal dinner. 

We are doing a sand ceremony, & our mom's will place each separate vase of sand on the table for us right before they're seated-  so I was thinking it might be nice to engrave each vase with our mom's name on it, and give that as a gift? Is that lame?  Is it okay to have their name, and then our names & date under it, or what?

Thanks for all the advice, I'm just totally drawing a blank. 
snowbaby-1
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: parent's gifts?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I think that is a very nice idea and it is a keepsake for them to display around the house. Esp if you have it engraved, it will be something they can look at and always remember your wedding. Good Luck!
  • Options
    Amaryllis619Amaryllis619 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks!  I just needed outside confirmation i guess. :)
    snowbaby-1
  • Options
    hjgreenhjgreen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Another thing to think of... we are planning to get digital picture frames for both sets of parents.  You could give them those pre-loaded with your e-pics & pics of each of you from childhood; and then add on to their digital collection with pics from the rehearsal dinner, wedding prep, ceremony, & reception.

Just another idea.
  • Options
    Amaryllis619Amaryllis619 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's a good idea too thanks!
    snowbaby-1
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards