Moms and Maids

Rant and drama

My post was not intended to be drama , a rant, or directed at anyone in particular.  This board began as one for MOB's and MOB's and we did well here.  We discussed our situations, and welcomed posters who needed input from women like us.  Then, the knot changed the boards and the posts changed, and I'm ok with that mostly (except that I miss my friends, many whom have disappeared).  And I can handle the mom questions...I get we are not all fabulous.

But, now we get many of the other kind of posts...Bridal Party drama.  Can I fire a BP member?  The BP won't do what I say.  The BP isn't throwing me a shower, or the right kind.  The BP isn't doing t Bachelorette, or the right kind....etc, etc, etc.

It just makes me wonder...when did it all change?  Why all the focus on all these negative details instead of the joy of the day?  At the end of the day, will it REALLY ruin your wedding if your MOH is wearing different shoes, or your BM has a different hairstyle?  Really?

That's all....
My baby girl is a married woman...and now my baby girl HAS a baby girl. Time unfolds in such an amazing way. I've been blessed!

Re: Rant and drama

• bablingbrookebablingbrooke member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    "But the movies and TV shows and magazines and 'literature' all say that my BridesMinions owe me this!!!1!eleven!  They wouldn't lie to me!!!  What would they have to gain??!?"
    Courtesy of megk8oz
    "I think bablingbrooke is the 13 yr old marring her cousin at the town hall. Lets all give her a big hand. And hope her inbred children can live normal lives." -tabs.

A word of warning from your friends at Cracked.com: Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron.
  • trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hooray mama muffin.  You're so right.  I'm sorry that it has changed, and like brooke, I really blame wedding "reality" tv shows.  Which are not, and should NEVER be reality.  It's a shame that people actually buy into that foolishness.

And I know what you mean about missing people.  I'm glad that you're here, and MOB, but I miss some of our other little group. 

"Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • edited December 2011
    I read your post and didn't see anything wrong with it, at all. It was very honest and sensible. Please stick around, we new MOB's need you.

• burnsbabyburnsbaby member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh it's totally reality shows. Like my dress is crap bc I didn't go to the expensive New York dress shop and spend 24, 000 like the brats who whine on there that the dress isn't perfect. Yeah, ok.
    "I love you.. even when you're sick and look disgusting!" -Love Actually
    My Planning Bio
  • RogueQueenRogueQueen member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also think that some girls feel it is okay to come on here and rant/vent/lose all sense because deep down they know in real life if they said these things out loud in real life to there MOH/BM/FI/MMOM/FMIL or anyone  close to them they would get slapped like they should! People seem afraid of reality checks!
  • Kristin789Kristin789 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    >>But, now we get many of the other kind of posts...Bridal Party drama.

WEDDING PARTY drama should be directed to the board called WEDDING PARTY.
  • banana468banana468 member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I didn't think I'd say this...but I agree with Kristin :-)

Then again, as MOD over there, I think I'm rather partial.
  • pokepoke27pokepoke27 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have noticed a lot of posts on what seem to be the wrong boards. For example I posted something happy I was doing in the planning of my wedding on what I mistakenly thought  was a wedding board and was told that it was not a "squee for weddings" board. Obviously I have much to learn : p
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards