Moms and Maids
Options

whole family wants to wear colors!

The color for the wedding party in my wedding is Apple Red. In addition to the BM's and GM, I told the 2 girls doing readyings and the MOB / MOG they could get dresses in that color too, if they'd like - they were all very excited about it. At our last family get together, my aunt overheard my mother and I talking about it with my grandfather (whom is walking me down the aisle) and she was like "Oh, I'm going to get a red dress too then!" and of course other family members started jumping on as well ... I wanted to have the WP and mothers feel special all wearing the color, and I feel like if everybody is wearing it that it will kind of diminish the distinction for the others.. am I being ridiculous?

On a sidenote, the same thing happened for my college graduation - I designed a tank top for myself and my mother, and then I get to my party and a lot of other people had gone on and ordered it too.. I know they just get excited but I think I have a problem with it because nothing can ever be unique or distinctive, because everybody jumps on it. ugh sorry for the rant!

Re: whole family wants to wear colors!

• Options
    zitiqueenzitiqueen member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_whole-family-wants-wear-colors?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:357Discussion:a41086dd-729f-4756-a1b0-0a14ff1f13d7Post:0b709e27-20e6-40d1-8195-2ee476655924">whole family wants to wear colors!</a>:
    [QUOTE]The color for the wedding party in my wedding is Apple Red. In addition to the BM's and GM, I told the 2 girls doing readyings and the MOB / MOG they could get dresses in that color too, if they'd like - they were all very excited about it. At our last family get together, my aunt overheard my mother and I talking about it with my grandfather (whom is walking me down the aisle) and she was like "Oh, I'm going to get a red dress too then!" and of course other family members started jumping on as well ... I wanted to have the WP and mothers feel special all wearing the color, and I feel like if everybody is wearing it that it will kind of diminish the distinction for the others.. <strong>am I being ridiculous</strong>? On a sidenote, the same thing happened for my college graduation - I designed a tank top for myself and my mother, and then I get to my party and a lot of other people had gone on and ordered it too.. I know they just get excited but I think I have a problem with it because nothing can ever be unique or distinctive, because everybody jumps on it. ugh sorry for the rant!
    Posted by monique026[/QUOTE]

Yes.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What are "readyings"?  Or maybe you mean readings, never mind I think I figured it out.
  • Options
    tldhtldh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If they've acted like this before why on earth did you let them have this information to begin with?  Your only option is to change your colors and not tell them if you want the WP to stand out.
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Or you could offer them corsages/boutonnieres with a bright red rose or spray rose. This would keep everyone from being the same color, give a splash of the bridal party color, and give them a special distinction as important family members.

Good luck.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i like the matching flowers thing...you need to tell them NO
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The moms are going to feel special no matter what the guests are wearing. It's a big day for them and nothing will change that.
    You can't really tell your guests what to wear or not to wear, so don't worry about it.

• Options
    Simply FatedSimply Fated member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I think it's weird that your aunt was, like, oh I'll wear red, too! 
    Since this is something you wanted your mother and MIL to partake in to make them feel special, how do they feel about your aunt and everyone else jumping on the little red band wagon?
  • Options
    banana468banana468 member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it's weird since as a guest, if I know the colors, I try NOT to wear them.

But at this point, all you can do is roll with it.
  • Options
    longman801longman801 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out unique-weddingdresses.us They have a link to wedding dresses and there might be some on there with the look you are going for! I spotted a few that I thought might be similar to what you were looking for, so they are posted below! Hope this helps and CONGRATS!Source(s):

www.theweddingstyle.com/tealength-wedding-dresses-c-14.html">http://www.theweddingstyle.com/tealength-wedding-dresses-c-14.html
    www.theweddingstyle.com/beach-wedding-dresses-c-30.html">http://www.theweddingstyle.com/beach-wedding-dresses-c-30.html
    www.theweddingstyle.com/plus-size-wedding-dresses-c-26.html">http://www.theweddingstyle.com/plus-size-wedding-dresses-c-26.html
  • Options
    CarlyGalCarlyGal member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Since this is mostly your family who is jumping on this dress color bandwagon then you should be able to express your feelings to them about just wanting certain people to apple red.  If they love you then they should understand what you want for your wedding.  If you can convince your aunt then maybe she can help disseminate the info to the rest of the family.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards