Moms and Maids

What to do???

2»

Re: What to do???

• edited December 2011
    OP-

I am often amazed at how rude some of the brides (and especially the former brides) on these boards can be.  Don't take it personally.  

Yes, it is reasonable for you to be upset that she tried on wedding dresses while you were wedding dress shopping.  It's bizarre and inappropriate!  

Yes, it is reasonable for you to have picked a dress that 4 out of 5 girls like-- I only have three and getting them to agree on anything is really really hard. 

Yes, it is reasonable for having them purchase them early to be on the safe side-- and if she fails to do so, it will be kind of an "out" for you, so look at the bright side!

If your FSIL isn't supportive of your marriage or your wedding I would agree that you should stop trying to include her in planning and  pre-wedding events & stop talking to her about the wedding at all.  

At this point I wouldn't kick her out (it probably wouldn't be good for family politics) but I would really minimalize her involvement.  I would just leave it up to her-- if she gets the dress, great.  If she doesn't, great.  

Try to stay strong and focus on the happy stuff.  This is supposed to be fun!  

I

• tracyt14tracyt14 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Agreed with SeptFall...Check your private messages girl!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards