Moms and Maids

Groomswomen gifts?

My FI is having two groomsmaids? groomswomen? at our wedding in addition to his best man. 

Should they receive the same gift as the bridesmaids, or the groomsman, or something completely different? 

Also, what is the term for a female who stands up with the groom?

Re: Groomswomen gifts?

• AutumnFairAutumnFair member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Like any gift of the WP it doesn't have to be the same (just the same budget wise). Since these are your FI attendants he should know them pretty well with what their interest and hobbies are, then just get something that reflects that.

I believe most people use Groomswoman, some people also just lists "Groom's Attendants" and "Bride's Attendants" usually it is done when both sides have mix gender sides but it doesn't really matter. 
  • aerinpegadrakaerinpegadrak member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    DH handled the gifts for all of his attendants, including the female friend.  My attendants (including my brother) all got the same gift, his attendants all got different gifts.  We called her a groomswoman, she referred to herself as a groomsmaid, and our program listed everyone under the headings "attendants to the bride" and "attendants to the groom" (because the font we used had a broken apostrophe).
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • shadowkat08shadowkat08 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Okay, thanks. Should have realized that I could get them all different things duh. 

I thought groomswoman looked close, but then again I think "groom" is a funny word.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards