Moms and Maids

bridesmaids dress color question!!

I have a question about my BM dress color, first my wedding colors our pink, with accents of oranges and yellows, a summer wedding outdoors. Now i already picked and payed for our linens (the tablecloths) and they are pink, specifically called watermelon.

my question is would it look too PINK or matchy if the BMs wore pink dresses (im just thinking about them sitting down at the table and matching the tablecloths) or should they do a orange or yellow instead

i know this sounds a little silly or crazy but i just want my BMs to be happy and have beautiful dresses!!

any advice is welcome thank you!
Dx PCOS Jan 2011 Cycles 1&2 = BFN Prometrium and Clomid Nov 2011 = ??? image

Re: bridesmaids dress color question!!

• edited December 2011
    What else is pink?  Flowers, shoes, centerpieces?  We need a bit more info here.  Also, what's yellow and what's orange?
    imageAnniversary

RIP Dr. Irving Fishman - 10/1/19-7/25/10 - thank you for holding on for me.
    You made my wedding day complete.
  • sytomsytom member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Pink dresses are really pretty.  Just make sure it's not the exact same shade as the linens and you'll be fine.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    What do your bridesmaids think?  Do they want pink, orange or yellow?  They don't have to exactly match the linens if they choose pink dresses.
  • aerinpegadrakaerinpegadrak member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I ditto asking your bridesmaids.  Personally, as a pale person with warm undertones I wouldn't really be able to wear any of those colors, but I could probably deal with a very dark orange or pink.  Since they're the ones that have to buy and wear the dress, I would aim for it to be something they're happy with.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • ekilzer1ekilzer1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it depends how much pink there is... I personally am not a pink person, I would not want pink dresses and pink linens, but that is just me... my only tip would be not to overload on one color, especially because your colors are all so bright....

• lalap69lalap69 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wouldn't worry about the matching.  What do your BMs look best in?  Since you seem equally open to all 3 colours, go with that as the deciding factor.
    Planning Our Wedding - Updated 04/11/11
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    "If you can't think of something nice to say, don't say something nice" - Stephen Colbert
  • tpender13tpender13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How many girls are you having in your WP? If you're having three girls, they could each wear one of the colors.
  • filawfilaw member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The tablecloths will pretty much not matter.

My mom stressed and angsted for months about my bridesmaids clashing with our table clothes.  Turned out, it was all not at all worth it.  Once the tables are set, covered with decorations and filled with people, they become much less of an "expanse of color".  Plus all of the bridesmaids were wearing various sweaters, etc. by that point anyway.  I've attached a picture so you can see what I mean.

My point is, I don't think you should let the tablecloths affect your decision either way.

• mrs.happymrs.happy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Pink is definitely more universally flattering than orange or yellow.  I don't think it will look too matchy.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards