Moms and Maids
Options

mother of the bride dress

Is is okay for mother of the bride to wear a black dress?

Re: mother of the bride dress

• Options
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    aerinpegadrakaerinpegadrak member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My mom wore black.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think it is perfectly fine if that is what she likes and feels good in.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    As long as she is not wearing a heavy black veil and sobbing...it's fine.
    Cry
    Just kidding.....
    My baby girl is a married woman...and now my baby girl HAS a baby girl. Time unfolds in such an amazing way. I've been blessed!
  • Options
    TheCranberryTheCranberry member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_mother-of-bride-dress-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:357Discussion:ac20ab6f-a6cd-48a6-b61a-090846efb54aPost:5f0d1ad8-b78b-4bdc-a560-4b2b21c76d3d">Re: mother of the bride dress</a>:
    [QUOTE]As long as she is not wearing a heavy black veil and sobbing...it's fine. Just kidding.....
    Posted by Muffin'sMom[/QUOTE]

So it IS okay if she is wearing a heavy black veil and sobbing?  *snicker*
  • Options
    trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    lol mama muffin.  That was very amusing.  OP:  answer:  yes.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Just a personal preference.  I didn't want my mother to wear black since she wears black all the time.  I didn't really care what other color she decided on.  I wanted her to stand out.  In the end I think we were both pretty happy with the color she went with - lots of compliments!  My wedding was also in the summer, so I wanted her to be a little brighter than black.
  • Options
    Ashes_3Ashes_3 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011

I guess so. Personally I don't think anyone should wear black or white to a wedding.

• Options
    donnaoneilldonnaoneill member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hell yes she can wear black. And agree about the colorful accessories. 
    "And this, our life, exempt from public haunt, finds tongues in trees, books in the running brooks, sermons in stones, and good in everything." William Shakespeare
  • Options
    banana468banana468 member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's fine.  Black is timeless.
  • Options
    lopezalonsolopezalonso member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_mother-of-bride-dress-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:357Discussion:ac20ab6f-a6cd-48a6-b61a-090846efb54aPost:547cff6a-9732-42e2-8c09-296fb3cdd911">Re: mother of the bride dress</a>:
    [QUOTE]I guess so. Personally I don't think anyone should wear black or white to a wedding.
    Posted by Ashes_3[/QUOTE]

I agree
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My mom will be wearing a black dress with a white jacket.  I just wanted her to be comforable so I told her to pick whatever she liked. 
    BabyFruit Ticker Photobucket image Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards