Moms and Maids

Are a MOH & a Best Man Really Necessary?

I think I already know the answer to this question but I thought I would put it out there anyways since I am beginning to question myself...

My FI and I were considering not even having a wedding party but the more I thought about it, the more I wanted my brothers and SILs in the wedding. So now there are 3 on each side (my 3 brothers and 2 SIL and a childhood friend) and the question keeps coming up "Who is your MOH? and Best Man?!". FI and I didn't want to pick one since they are all family and we are not closer to one over the other...

Is that crazy? I am not really sure how to respond to people when they look at me cross eyed.

Re: Are a MOH & a Best Man Really Necessary?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_moh-man-really-necessary?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:357Discussion:afb3c128-093b-4e78-b63f-ed9b6c1da851Post:2ae06c9d-b437-4ca2-a0a8-5777c68807d0">Re: Are a MOH & a Best Man Really Necessary?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Your maid of honor is the one who stands next to you and holds your bouquet while you exchange rings.  The best man is the one who holds the rings until they are needed, and gives a toast at the reception.  That's all.
    Posted by CMGr[/QUOTE]

True, but the people who do those things do not have to have the title of best man and maid of honor.

OP - You do not have to have a BM or MOH if you don't want to.

• Don't need 'em if you don't want 'em.  Just tell people they're all so special you couldn't possibly choose.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • It's absolutely not necessary!  A friend got married a few years ago and couldn't decide between three of us, so one of us stood next to her at the altar and held her flowers; another one signed the wedding license, and the other made the speech at the reception.  It's not necessary to call one person out above the others. 
  • Just say that you love them all so much that you can't choose one or two over the others.

• You also normally designate two people to sign your marraige license as witnesses
    Wedding Countdown Ticker pregnancy calendar baby development
  • No you don't need them at all. Just decide who will be your witnesses (doesn't even have to be WP members), and hold your stuff during the ceremony. If you can't decide between people, then don't.
    Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_moh-man-really-necessary?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:357Discussion:afb3c128-093b-4e78-b63f-ed9b6c1da851Post:e915f031-1f95-48e6-9881-3a623126d25c">Re: Are a MOH & a Best Man Really Necessary?</a>:
    [QUOTE]It's absolutely not necessary!  A friend got married a few years ago and couldn't decide between three of us, so one of us stood next to her at the altar and held her flowers; another one signed the wedding license, and the other made the speech at the reception.  It's not necessary to call one person out above the others. 
    Posted by saric83[/QUOTE]
    I like all of this.  
  • No.

You can have a wedding party without those titles used.  You will continue to get questions and need to figure out the order of the processional.
  • You can have whatever wedding party you want!  You do need to choose two people to be your witnesses though.

May 2013 February Siggy: Invitations

Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards